• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming single buns.

willowholly

Mama Doe
After reading something earlier,I was just wondering what peoples opinions were on this matter.This has been playing on my mind for a while.If one of my buns died but I decided not to get another for any reason,would it be better to keep said bunny on own indoors & with a family that loves it loads or better to rehome to another family &it have a new companion.In my situation I'm guessing B will go first so I often think I would like to keep Dill on his own for a few months so I could get to know him better & then get him a new mate.If Dill went first,I dont think I would get B another mate as she is abit of a loner & also getting on abit.Saying that,I may change my mind completely when the time comes.
What do you think,cruel keeping it with you as a single bun or more cruel rehoming?

I have thought about this too in the event that you thought you did not want any more.

Now we have taken on another so now have 3 I can put off any thoughts until later. Ages are 7, 5, 2.

To be honest, if it was as house bunny where they have company then I don't think rehome would be the best option. However if they were outside and did not see owners much then rehoming could be an option. It would depend on the bunny really.

I think it depends entirely on the bun and the home situation of the owner. I don't think it would be fair of me to keep Tink on her own as she's not really human orientated but I would keep any of my bucks on their own as long as they had plenty of company off me and a suitable home environment.

I think it would depend on the situation, but if oggie died before Delly then I probably wouldn't bother to get another bunny straight away as she is quite independant. But then who knows, she might grieve terribly if he went and it wouldn't really surprise me.

If Delly went before Ogs, then after a short amount of time, I would get another bunny. He likes having another rabbit around and feels confident when Delly is with him... this time though, I would try and get a female from a rescue who groomed him for ages so he would have some loving back (Delly only grooms him for like 2 seconds then off she goes :roll::lol:)

are you at home a lot? if so, i'd stick to one bun.

i'm at work all the time. unless my job changes before one of the buns dies, i'd have to look for another partner, as i don't want them to have no-one to talk to all day.

Back