• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here's a story for you all

LloydFerris

Warren Scout
Last weekend I get a call from a friend at about 11pm. She says, "Please bring some bunny food and meet me in front of the Ship & Anchor bar!"
What the heck? So, I get some bunny things together and race down there only to find that a young man of about 25 had been selling baby buns for $40 each! My friends told me they had been informed that shortly before they arrived, the guy had sold a baby bun to a woman that was so drunk she could hardly walk! What could we do but buy the remaining 2 buns to ensure that they would be cared for properly until a forever home was found? I was so upset that such a :censored: of a human being could get away with such :censored:!
There are NO laws governing this kind of garbage at all! We offered to have his adult buns spayed and neutered through the rescue we are all involved in, but he declined saying that this was his 'hobby'! Can you imagine? Selling baby buns for beer money outside of a bar is his HOBBY??? :censored::censored::censored:!!!!!
PrettyBun.jpg

Handsomebunny.jpg

Well done for getting these two.

Sad thing is that he will probably be there again in a few weeks with more :(

I'm sure it is againt the law, you have to have a licence to sell anything if you're on public property or private property without the consent of the owner.

I'm sure it is againt the law, you have to have a licence to sell anything if you're on public property or private property without the consent of the owner.

Lloyd Ferris is in Canada (got it right this time?)
:wave: Hi & well done both of you, with the bunny rescue.
I've often wondered how your bun with the dental issues is?

How terrible that people are that way. Good job for taking the buns in. I know they will be much happier with you. They look lovely by the way. :love::love::love::love::love:

Yes you are correct - a permit is required to sell 'items' on the street. We did call police and they did arrive and tell him to get lost, but nothing more. He will just find a new location and possibly be 'warned' away by police again.

bunnies are :love::love::love:[ Very young looking though]

They are very young looking aren't they? I was guessing about 6-7 weeks. The only thing in those pics that their size can be compared to is the cereal bowls. Don't worry, BTW, they have proper bowls now that aren't so big they can swim in them! Those pics were taken as we were setting up a proper space for them.

Lloyd Ferris is in Canada (got it right this time?)
:wave: Hi & well done both of you, with the bunny rescue.
I've often wondered how your bun with the dental issues is?

Yes, I am in Canada-hehehe! And, thanks for asking about Saffy! She is wonderful! I take her in to the vet's every 4 weeks to have her teeth checked even if she seems perfectly fine. I would hate for a problem to arise when a bunny savvy vet wasn't available, so I make to sure to have her regularly checked. So far she has needed trims for all but one appointment. Otherwise, she is fantastic! Lloyd and Clover are in great form also! I'm such a content bun-mom! Except.....when the time comes that these 2 babies go to their forever home. I'm afraid my heart will break a bit then.:cry:

(I just realized that I didn't mention that I am fostering these 2 babies. Ooops!)

Well done for getting these two.

Sad thing is that he will probably be there again in a few weeks with more :(

I know - that's just what we were thinking. We are going to be out looking for this guy regularly on weekends. I don't know what we can do short of buttering him up and trying to convince him to have his adults spayed and neutered. If that fails, we may take more drastic measures....like maybe a bun-napping operation!:D

Back