• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone ever feel they need a night off from the buns or day off?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I'm so tired and i've still got things to do for the bunnys. Does anyone else ever feel like they could do with a day or a night off from the buns. I really loved my four day holiday in greece with no animals to care for ( my boyfriend stepped in). It was a reviving break for me. I have been looking after my animals pretty much non stop for years now and i love them all and wouldn't have it any other way, but tonight i just wish i had a pet sitter in and i could have the night off. Medicating this amount of bunnys is making me sleepy! Yawn. Well better go out and do my evening round.

Night all xx
Ambience xx

Awww I can imagine if you are medicating them it must be draining, not least because you just know they hate it aswell, fingers crossed they are all well again very soon and you can resume a normal routine which in itself will seem so much easier. I know what you mean but, it would need to be a clone of me (scary thought) or I wouldn't trust anyone else to do it right :oops:

Sometimes yes - I only have four creatures but I'm amazed how much effort they are - especially as i'm worried about a few of them at the minute so spending a lot of time researching possible illnesses and trekking up and down to the vet.

However the minute I go away I just mope all the time and wish I was back at home with them - I can't win :lol:

Awww I can imagine if you are medicating them it must be draining, not least because you just know they hate it aswell, fingers crossed they are all well again very soon and you can resume a normal routine which in itself will seem so much easier. I know what you mean but, it would need to be a clone of me (scary thought) or I wouldn't trust anyone else to do it right :oops:

Yes just a little :) They hate me at the moment, shadow is really upset about the baytril since i've started administering it the right way. He has mallocursion so perhaps he is more scared because he thinks i'm going to get his teeth. I try to be as quick as i can without frightening him.

Yes the normal routine is much easier. Meds 3 times daily for each bun is pretty heavy going. Trying to do anything else but buns at the moment is near impossible.

Hehe yes would be good to have clones :)) hehe i think it's good that you are so commited- i'd trust my boyfriend to do it right, i don't think i'd trust anyone else though. He is an angel sometimes. Shame i can't say the same for tonight getting drunk at that stag do he is at, but most of the time and with animals he is a saint.

:)
Ambience xx

Sometimes yes - I only have four creatures but I'm amazed how much effort they are - especially as i'm worried about a few of them at the minute so spending a lot of time researching possible illnesses and trekking up and down to the vet.

However the minute I go away I just mope all the time and wish I was back at home with them - I can't win :lol:

Yes the vet treks are getting exahausting- and my so is looking at my bank balance in relation to vet expenses- i'll always come up with the cash- but it's several times a week i'm going at the moment for one reason or another.

I love being at home too mostly- just could do with a magical helper tonight :)

ambience x

Have you tried giving Baytril on a bit of bread? It's the only way I can get it into Nutmeg without stressing her out really badly. Makes it SO much easier for me too.

Have you tried giving Baytril on a bit of bread? It's the only way I can get it into Nutmeg without stressing her out really badly. Makes it SO much easier for me too.

Yes i took your advice on that- but my buns wont eat anything when i'm medicating them not even carrots, parsley etc, they are suspect it has something on it already- they won't eat anything before or after medicines when they are in the house- they really sulk about it. I can understand they have been on meds for ages now. It's not nice for them bless.

ambience x

Yes i took your advice on that- but my buns wont eat anything when i'm medicating them not even carrots, parsley etc, they are suspect it has something on it already- they won't eat anything before or after medicines when they are in the house- they really sulk about it. I can understand they have been on meds for ages now. It's not nice for them bless.

ambience x

That's a shame. Nutmeg is usually very wary but she accepted it. I kinda stuck the syringe in the bread slightly and then almost injected it into the bread so it was inside rather than on it.

wots a night off ? :lol:
Yeah i have had a tough time with mine since february One had a bladder op and has now got what we think if floppy rabbit syndrome- waiting for blood tests to come back. Peter need his teeth doing every 6 weeks, and had to take matilda to the emergency vets at 2am the other night for a stronger painkiller.

I have slept on the sofa since monday with flippy and matilda. Both are looking good again now.

Its got that way now that I am scared to go out now and leave them. Luckily i have 2very good bunny frends mum and daughter so they really help me out if any of them need caring for while i am at work.
yeah i would love a holiday but dont want to leave the buns , especially flippy in case anything bad happens while i am away. sound soft but i miss them when i am not here with them. x

That's a shame. Nutmeg is usually very wary but she accepted it. I kinda stuck the syringe in the bread slightly and then almost injected it into the bread so it was inside rather than on it.

That's a clever idea- shadow and blaze just knew i'd tricked them as soon as i put it on. I don't know if it's because i did it in front of them.

Ambience x

wots a night off ? :lol:
Yeah i have had a tough time with mine since february One had a bladder op and has now got what we think if floppy rabbit syndrome- waiting for blood tests to come back. Peter need his teeth doing every 6 weeks, and had to take matilda to the emergency vets at 2am the other night for a stronger painkiller.

I have slept on the sofa since monday with flippy and matilda. Both are looking good again now.

Its got that way now that I am scared to go out now and leave them. Luckily i have 2very good bunny frends mum and daughter so they really help me out if any of them need caring for while i am at work.
yeah i would love a holiday but dont want to leave the buns , especially flippy in case anything bad happens while i am away. sound soft but i miss them when i am not here with them. x

Aww that's lovely that you miss them so much. I hope your buns improve. It sounds like you adore them. It does sound like you could do with a night off though too , hope you get some better nights sleep xxx :)

Ambience xx

I am actually going to get in bed in a bit. Just checked them and they all seem good .
Yep, I think the world of them, People dont realise that they all have personalities and are quite surprised when they meet them.:love::love:

those pictures at the bottom of your messages, I cant figure out how to do it. any advice please :?

i did when pearl was ill and alvin got hunger strike in february i was so drained emotionally so when Alvin went to Hopper Haven after Pearls death it was a huge relief to have a break from rabbit pain for a while. it also made me realise no matter how much they hurt me i will always keep rabbits till the day i die :love::love::love::love:

When they are well they are easy to look after and couldnt imagine not doing that, but when they are ill it does drain you. I have only had one ill bunny and that was hard enough.. cant imagine doing the "rounds of medicines" for lots of ill bunnies...

It gets to you as you are worried.. it tires you out..

I hope you got a good night's sleep and are raring to go again this morning x

I am actually going to get in bed in a bit. Just checked them and they all seem good .
Yep, I think the world of them, People dont realise that they all have personalities and are quite surprised when they meet them.:love::love:

those pictures at the bottom of your messages, I cant figure out how to do it. any advice please :?

You need to go to "User CP" and "edit signature".. upload a piccy and hopefully that will show your signature!

Yes, I would love a day off! The bunnies are like having another full-time job, but one that I don't get annual leave from! :lol:

My initial reaction would be "no", but I've just come back from a 5 day break,and I have to say the lack of responsibility was lovely:D

At the moment no but then again I can't imagine having more than one bun ill at a time. I remember when Leo was ill and we were constantly at the vets, day after day and injecting him from home. It was horrible because we hated doing it and he hated us. Thankfully that's all over now.

I'm dreading the day when they get ill again. Sending lots of vibes for you, hope things start to ease up soon x

Back