• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yesterdays New - Litter

I've used the ferret one for the ferrets... It was ok, similar to biocatolet, when it gets wet it just sort of turns to smoosh. I use megazorb for the rabbits, and the ferrets now, which I much prefer.:)

xxx

Ok thanks! I intended to get megazorb but a shop near me sells Yesterdays News whereas I would have to order Megazorb online and I am not where is the cheapest and fastest delivery, where do you get yours from?

I use non scented, non clumping wood pellets litter, and you can buy massive bags from Pets At Home (and, from what someone told me you can also get that delivered). Just another option :)

Ok thanks! I intended to get megazorb but a shop near me sells Yesterdays News whereas I would have to order Megazorb online and I am not where is the cheapest and fastest delivery, where do you get yours from?

Yesterday's News will work out expensive compared to Megazorb, another reason why I switched the ferrets onto megazorb too! I get mine from The Duchess on here, who lives close by, and she gets it from a farm close to her, so not much use to you there I'm afraid! The Hay Experts Sell it, and I've seen it on eBay too.

I used to use those wooden pellets too, they were good, but I don't shop at P@H anymore since I found out about where the animals come from.

xxx

I use non scented, non clumping wood pellets litter, and you can buy massive bags from Pets At Home (and, from what someone told me you can also get that delivered). Just another option :)

I have looked at this before and the only thing that put me off was that I though it looked quite similar to SS pellets, although I am sure Pip is not that stupid! :lol: Good suggestion though, thanks! :)

find a horse feed place near you Becca.. they will probably stock Megazorb. I used to get it from the Giant Pet Store in Norwich, but I no longer use it.

Yesterday's News will work out expensive compared to Megazorb, another reason why I switched the ferrets onto megazorb too! I get mine from The Duchess on here, who lives close by, and she gets it from a farm close to her, so not much use to you there I'm afraid! The Hay Experts Sell it, and I've seen it on eBay too.

I used to use those wooden pellets too, they were good, but I don't shop at P@H anymore since I found out about where the animals come from.

xxx

mmm not helpful for me, :lol:

Luckily we have a quite good/clued up branch of P@H!

I have looked at this before and the only thing that put me off was that I though it looked quite similar to SS pellets, although I am sure Pip is not that stupid! :lol: Good suggestion though, thanks! :)

Nah, doesn't look anything like and smells completely different.

Nah, doesn't look anything like and smells completely different.

Oh may have been somthing else I saw then! :oops:

I was carefresh which I really like but I was getting like 3 days worth from the small bags and I have been using nothing last week but I prefer to use somthing really! Fizz wees alot!!! :lol:

mmm not helpful for me, :lol:

Luckily we have a quite good/clued up branch of P@H!

Sorry about that :lol:

My local branch is great, but the money still goes in the P@H pot, and so it still funds the animals being bred in appalling conditions then bought and sold on for profit.

xxx

As already mentioned I get the P@H litter as it's the best I've found anywhere. I guess that depends on your morals and whether you wish to support P@H in that way?

Sorry about that :lol:

My local branch is great, but the money still goes in the P@H pot, and so it still funds the animals being bred in appalling conditions then bought and sold on for profit.

xxx

yes fair point, I see what you mean! :oops:

As already mentioned I get the P@H litter as it's the best I've found anywhere. I guess that depends on your morals and whether you wish to support P@H in that way?

Have you used any other litters to like that one better, if you know what I mean? Carefresh is really good and I just wandered if it was as good?

Have you used any other litters to like that one better, if you know what I mean? Carefresh is really good and I just wandered if it was as good?

I've used the biocat one which just turned into a saturated mush and some other one that I got in a hurry one day from Sainsburys which wasn't particular brilliant either. I've also tried Carefresh which just seemed a bit expensive (but did it's job) and also megazorb (once again did it's job) which mine just seemed to throw around everywhere.

I just find the P@H one to be really easy to clean out because it kind of turns into a powder and also a 30litre sack lasts my three quite a while ... very heavy though!

yes fair point, I see what you mean! :oops:

Sorry lol, I don't mean to have a go! I used to very happily shop there, until I joined the forum and found out what goes on.

I've been perusing Animal Magic Pet Supplies, and the do Megazorb too :)

xxx

I don't know if this helps at all but I get it from the hay experts. You pay £4.49 courier for whatever you buy. So I get a massive bag of Megazorb, some oat hay, some auromatic hay to make my bale hay smell lovely and entice the buns (it's about £1.99, bargain!) and some excel forage with dandelions. It comes to £20 altogether, including the delivery, and when mixed with a bale (which I buy for £3) lasts for over a month, and gives the buns variety. I don't think £20 is too expensive for litter and hay... and the litter lasts over a month too :D!

And that's everything for a month or more! For £23! (the pellets I buy I get from hay experts too, Oxbow pellets, but as they don't eat many, I find they last about 3 months in a container so don't have to buy them often!!)

Why does everything I write on here turn into an essay? I sorry :oops:

Back