• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet bed or similar

weedug

Mama Doe
Anyone know where is get this from, at a decent price? I'll need a lot for Floppy and would like to get it at the best price, but don't want cheap rubbish that will fall apart.

There is an ok quality vet bed in ikea at the moment for £3.99 I wouldn't say it was the best quality if your looking for something really good, but I haven't really used it much so I'm not sure of it's exact quality:? It seems ok for now though:) hope I helped:D

b & m bargains have somethink like vetbed, about 4ft square for around £4. Also tesco had some in a sale which are really good for £3.
Where do you live as I have a wholesailers card for a pet warehouse, they sell vetbed - I could price it for you

It depends if you want the proper stuff or not I suppose, but a lot (not all) of the suggestions on here are not the original vetbed and will therefore be of inferior quality and not do what it's supposed to do.

I've had original 'Vetbed' and I've also had cheaper alternatives that I used to buy by the roll at Crufts each year. In my experience, the more expensive 'vetbed' has never been any better than the cheaper stuff. The only difference I could find was that the original 'Vetbed' is on a much stiffer backing which just serves to make it almost impossible to fold into the washing machine :roll:. There are loads of sellers on Ebay or just check out the adverts in the back of any dog magazine such as Dogs Today. They've all done what they were supposed to do ie wick away moisture to the underside and the cheaper pieces have been washed and washed and washed and still do the job. They're now being used in my piggy cage!

The cheaper versions do not have the permafresh that kills bacteria and dust mites etc so are not as good for animals with allergies etc

Have you ever tried the sheepskin, type that older people use on their beds...we use to use it for residents with pressure sores, before the specially made mattresses came out. Think you can get them on ebay.

Back