• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Question

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
If someone adopts a Rabbit from the RSPCA do they have to sign an agreement that they will return the Rabbit to the RSPCA should their circumstaces change ?

My cats were from the RSPCA and we did with them but I've never had a bunny from there. I would assume it's the same though?

If someone adopts a Rabbit from the RSPCA do they have to sign an agreement that they will return the Rabbit to the RSPCA should their circumstaces change ?

I always have had to do this when I've adopted animals (I've never adopted a rabbit but it was a standard form for all animals). So as far as I know; yes they do. The animal remains the 'property' for want of a better word of the RSPCA so you can't give it up or pass it on to anyone else.

My RSPCA adoption form for Cinders states the animal should be returned to the RSPCA if for any reason I am unable to look after it...so yes :wave:

from the adoption form stuck to the wall next to me

"I, the Adopter, am over 18 years of age, I have not been convicted of an animal cruelty offence and I accept the terms and conditions contained in this agreement.
My responsibilities include:
2. Not to sell, abandon or part with the possession of the Animal except to return it to the RSPCA by prior arrangement if for any reason I am unable to keep the Animal."

My cats were from the RSPCA and we did with them but I've never had a bunny from there. I would assume it's the same though?

Ditto with dogs. We've had a couple from the RSPCA and have had to agree that they would go back to the RSPCA if we could no longer keep them.

It must be the same with buns.

Yes that was what i was told when we bought smudge home, if i was unable to care for him at any time he must be returned to the rspca :) xx

Yep, they do. Its a national RSPCA adoption form they have to sign, so every branch would have the same form. Every animal that gets adopted from one of our fosterers, i always make it clear that if theres any problems, the animal comes back to us.

Hope all is ok Jane. PM me if you need any help x

Hmmm rather impossible to enforce though? I suppose you just have to rely on the honesty of the people that are adopting!

I had to sign one when I adopted Cloud. :) In fact, she's been adopted out by the RSPCA as a baby and had found herself back in the RSPCA seven years later because of the contract her previous owner signed.

Back