• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Castiel's Poos Smell!

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
OH just rolled his eyes at me and told me **** stinks when I told him, but Castiel's poos smell, and they normally don't smell of anything! They are just fresh, I only cleaned his litter tray out two hours ago, and his poops stink!!!! They are perfect, round and golden...

Am I being silly? :oops::oops::oops:

OH just rolled his eyes at me and told me **** stinks when I told him, but Castiel's poos smell, and they normally don't smell of anything! They are just fresh, I only cleaned his litter tray out two hours ago, and his poops stink!!!! They are perfect, round and golden...

Am I being silly? :oops::oops::oops:

Gracies and charlies absolutely stink too, like strong sweat. xxx

maybe he just peed and you got that instead :wave::wave::wave:

I think he's peed on his poos? Could it be that?

I just gave him some radish tops to try, just one little leaf though. Apart from that it's all stuff he's had before

Could it be that his scent glands are slightly infected? They should look like dark "pips" between his willy & his scrotum.
ETA sometimes the caecs stink, & how!! if there's overgrowth of the wrong bacteria in the caecum but most buns won't eat them.

I think he's peed on his poos? Could it be that?

I just gave him some radish tops to try, just one little leaf though. Apart from that it's all stuff he's had before

Hey she could very well be correct, weeing on poo sort of activates the whiff. xxx

Could it be that his scent glands are slightly infected? They should look like dark "pips" between his willy & his scrotum.

Oh yes, Jas and Daphne had this when I first got them, it does smell a bit like that. I'll go and check now, if I don't come back I've had my head kicked in by an angry bunny

:lol: Straight to the point :lol: xxxx

But true!!!

I washed all the litter trays today (including used ones that I'd emptied and stacked in the garage but not got round to washing - when I separated them...oooohhh the smell!!!! That'll teach me to be lazy....)

But true!!!

I washed all the litter trays today (including used ones that I'd emptied and stacked in the garage but not got round to washing - when I separated them...oooohhh the smell!!!! That'll teach me to be lazy....)

It can take your breath a tad :lol: xxx

He nearly kicked me :shock: and he had been sat in his own pee so he kicked pee everywhere :roll: gross. But his scent glands are fine

Oh how I love our little evening chats!!

So, let me see - it could either be the radish tops, he has peed on his poo or he has emptied his scent glands on his poo, but the poo is golden and otherwise perfect. Is he otherwise bright and being himself?

Maybe just a ring to the vet in morning - would they speak to you? I would hear alarm bells if mine stank (the buns that is). Although sometimes there's a nasty wiff in the air as they run past - I believe that's normal, like some kind of bunny scent - it could be his scent glands.

In short - I dunno, but I'd be ringing the vet just to ask anyway.

Back