• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Lupin ..single 3yr old female (special home needed)

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
2010_0410july2010turkey0022.jpg

2010_0410july2010turkey0023.jpg

Lupin ...ohh where to start with this girlie .. :?

She came in with another female .. they were not particularly happy together ...Lupin was bossy and overgrooming the other bun .
We had them both spayed hoping to settle things down and keep them together ...but this wasnt to be.:(

It was found that Lupin had a cancerous tumor in her uterus . This was removed and there are no signs that the cancer has spread ...but of course we cant be sure.
Lupin is otherwise in good health.

Soon after their ops the girls had a fall out and we had to split them .

This weekend Lupin had a date with a male bunny but it did not go well . Lupin was very aggresive towards him . She has also gone for my big boy franc through the mesh of the run .

Taking everything into consideration we have decided that Lupin may be better being re homed as a lone bunny at least for now .
Either in a situation where she could possibly be paired up at a later date once settled or where she could be around other buns by living alongside them .
We feel that in time she may be ready for bunny company again but pairing may be better done at a slow pace.

alternativly Lupin would probably be happy wih an indoor home as a single bunny with lots of human contact and plenty of space.

I hope someone out there will see this and feel they can offer Lupin the special home she needs . She is a lovely friendly , easy to handle girlie who just wants to be loved.

Last edited:
Oh no, I was really hoping her bonding would work out :(:(

Is there any chance her aggression could be due to pain. We have had some cancer bunnies that have been very aggressive to other rabbits because they are in pain :(

Oh no, I was really hoping her bonding would work out :(:(

Is there any chance her aggression could be due to pain. We have had some cancer bunnies that have been very aggressive to other rabbits because they are in pain :(

i dont think so ...she seems perfectly fit and well ...vet very pleased with her .

On her own she is a lovely chilled bunny.

I suspect its due to relief at being out of the relationship with the other bun ..i think they were more unhappy together than we realised .
They have both blossomed since being apart .

Back