• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit sitter needed - sorry long.

alx008

Warren Scout
Help! not sure if this is the right section to post this but basically I am on holiday for 2 weeks in August and not sure what to do with my rabbits.
For the last 2 years I had someone come into the garden where they roamed free 24 hours a day and feed them and check they were ok.
The garden was totally safe with loads of cat/fox proof areas.
But 2 months ago our landlord gave us our notice so now we are in a new house.
The rabbits are out in the garden during the day and i put them in their hutch at night as i don't know how safe they are here yet.
I need to find a pet sitter, does rabbit boarding exist or is there some website I don't know about? I don't want a live-in sitter and would leave the rabbits in their hutch if necessary as long as I knew they were being fed although I would rather they had more space.
Not sure what to do other than leave them on my parents tennis court...
thanks for any tips!

Hi, yes rabbit boarding does exist but the good ones do get booked up early. Why not post where you live, just the area, and maybe someone can help you by suggesting one.

I agree if you say where you are, someone may be able to recommend someone who could help.

A local pet-sitter could come over to your house twice a day to see to the buns. It might cost a little more than boarding though.

I am in Woodcote near Reading

Hi, thanks for your replies! Money is no object when it comes to my bunnies...
I am in Woodcote near Reading

Last edited:
Our vets have notices on their notice boards for pet sitters and boarding places - I am sure your local vets must know someone - how about post office noticeboards - we had a couple in our PO window - also Ebay had boarding on their site - try also www.preloved.co.uk and enter 'pet sitter' - if anyone hasn't tried PRELOVED - you are soooo missing out!!:D

Thanks. Our local vet had no recommendations.
But in the end I have found someone local who will take care of them. She could either come to me for £8 per day or they could go to her for £5 per day but I had to buy a hutch + run as ours is a happy hutch and far too big to transport!

Hello.

We are not too far from you and do rabbit boarding to raise funds for the rescue bunnies in our care.

I'm full for August and most of September but maybe we can help you next time you are looking. Most of our boarders are word of mouth recommendations or repeat visitors so we don't advertise or have a web site, but if you'd like to know more please feel free to let me know.

Many of the folks from here have either used us, adopted from us, have used us for bonding or just come for a cuppa in the garden so you'd be able to get some feedback I feel sure.

Helen

Last edited:
If you go away for 2 weeks, it's probably better to have your rabbits with the other person, so that they are not alone that much. You never know who might break into your garden and decide to steal the bunnies.

Please remember that foxes are about during the day, too, and that they can jump 7 ft fences or even higher ones sometimes. Unsupervised free ranging is not recommended.

Back