• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im torturing myself today but.......

Grace65

Warren Veteran
Grace has eaten quite a large sweetie wrapper earlier today about 12 noon and im worried sick, she pinched it out of the bin as she loves toffees!

Ive rung the vets and she has said its unlikely she swallowed it whole and it will pass through in a day or so?

Thing is if she has got any of it stuck how long before i would know?
shes eating and her poos look fine but im really worried.

The vet has logged it on her notes to be on the safe side incase she is poorly in the night or whenever but as this wrapper had a shiny side im worried shes eaten it whole, please reassure me i was ok after i spoke to the vets now im worried again. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

they are only tiny and she probably made it into tiny pieces before swallowing.. on the upside you know to expect shiney poops when Alvin ate the strands off my glow ball thing i though he had some really bad illness when i saw his poops :oops::oops::oops::oops: they looked like really fat worms but passed though him fine

loads of vibes shes made the bits small enough not to cause issues xxx

ive also found holes in curtains as big as a sweety wrapper and no issues from that :wave::wave::wave:

I hope so because the wrapper was quite a big one, no sign of it yet though, im worried there could be a possibility a bunny would eat it whole?
the vet said no she would nibble it into small pieces first, how long until i can relax? she is so naughty she keeps pinching sweets if she cant get sweets she tries to eat wrappers! xx

She's bound to have chewed off little bits rather than swallowed it in one big piece......hopefully you'll have foil wrapped poops soon!!!

deffo small pieces like how they eat hay hun... ive never seen any wallpaper or curtain in poops yet but i know my stuff has large holes :shock:..

She's bound to have chewed off little bits rather than swallowed it in one big piece......hopefully you'll have foil wrapped poops soon!!!

Oh thank you i hope so, i have this vision of a huge wrapper in her intestines and its making me feel ill.

Ive got the vets emergency number next to the phone just incase shes poorly during the night, looks like im on the sofa tonight :) xxxxxxxxx

Hope she does you some nice twinkly poops soon!

I'm sure she will have chomped it thoroughly into small pieces before swallowing - rabbits always chew well. xxx

:( Im sure she will be fine! Naughty bunny!!!

Just keep an eye on her but will defo be in small bits.

Sending vibes none the less

Earl ran off with a lilly pop stick once, it still had plastic wrapper attached. He stole it off the windowsill in the night by climbing up the sofa....

Luckily he has no teeth so never ate it, but i found it hidden in his cage beneath his food bowl the following day........... stashed away.......

:( Im sure she will be fine! Naughty bunny!!!

Just keep an eye on her but will defo be in small bits.

Sending vibes none the less

Earl ran off with a lilly pop stick once, it still had plastic wrapper attached. He stole it off the windowsill in the night by climbing up the sofa....

Luckily he has no teeth so never ate it, but i found it hidden in his cage beneath his food bowl the following day........... stashed away.......

Errr little sausage,
I just hope she passes it and soon. xxx

deffo small pieces like how they eat hay hun... ive never seen any wallpaper or curtain in poops yet but i know my stuff has large holes :shock:..

good point! my bunnies have been demolishing a large cardboard box this week - and while some of it seems to have mysteriously 'gone missing', none has appeared in their poo.

hope grace is fine.

Thank you she seems fine, being very naughty infact.
No sign of purple paper yet but she is eating and pooing fine, ive been checking her through the night.

Im getting rather obssesed with poo checking at the moment i wish i knew if the paper was passed although the vet said it could take two days for her to pass it. xxxxx

good point! my bunnies have been demolishing a large cardboard box this week - and while some of it seems to have mysteriously 'gone missing', none has appeared in their poo.

hope grace is fine.

my trio smashed their food bowl a month or two ago and I couldn't find a few of the pieces but they never turned up in their poo. Castiel is the same, he demolishes cardboard boxes all the time and they never turn up

As long as she's passing I wouldn't worry too much about actually finding the paper in her poos :wave:

my trio smashed their food bowl a month or two ago and I couldn't find a few of the pieces but they never turned up in their poo. Castiel is the same, he demolishes cardboard boxes all the time and they never turn up

As long as she's passing I wouldn't worry too much about actually finding the paper in her poos :wave:

I hope so, still no sign of purple poos :)
Will be monitoring her again tonight, at least the vet is aware if she does take poorly :) xxxxxxxx

Back