• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bale of hay, very excited!

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Most people think Im a bit mad getting excited about a bale of hay, but I think its amazing!

I have just moved to the countryside and found a farm just down the road from me that sells bales of hay for £3, and went to have a look today.

They are such good quality, really stalky and very green, better quality than the £30 bales I have been buying from DFH.

And the most important thing, it has passed the munching test, Bri and Mol really love it.

Sorry, had to post to tell people that would understand why im so excited, lol.

£30 for a bale?????
Thankfully we cut our own and that lasts the year for the horses and the pets. This time of year its good to get a few if you can, its at its cheapest and nicest. This year was supposedly a poor year for hay with such dry weather meaning low quality grass.

I have just come back from my local feed store so excited! tyhey have in stock this years hays, cut 5wk ago....OMG so green and smells yummy :lol:
and only £4 a bale :D:D

I LOVE my latest bale of hay and so do the buns. It's so good I'm having to take an anti-histamine every single day! :lol:

Heheheh :D I get so excited about a particularly good batch of hay, or veg...I came home from work the other day with pear twigs AND strawberry leaves AND plantains and I could barely contain myself :lol:

Goodness. It isn't just me then!:lol: I got 40 bales delivered and I couldn't stop smelling it. Perhaps we are all hay connoisseurs.:lol:

You can never be too fussy with your hay. The bunnies have gone absolutely barmy for it.

I also get excited by new bales of hay :oops::oops::oops: First time I bought one my statuses on facebook were all about it :oops::oops:

Back