• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dudley! UD pst22 Stasis over, bond saved, I love RU!!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
The Dudster is not eating but don't think its his teeth this time! As he's been pressing his tum to the floor and he's going through a heavy moult! He's had 0.5ml of dog metacam and about 4mls of peppermint tea some tummy rubs and a bit of chasing, but he's getting more lethargic now! My question is 1) can he have metaclop and Zantac together? and 2) can he have some opiate based pain killer on top of the 0.5 metacam? As it's emergency vet I normally have to tell them what to do the last one only wanted to give parafin :roll:!! I'll also get some sub cut fluids!

Last edited:
Oh dear, poor you... :(

Yes, metoclop and zantac work on different areas of the gut, so can be given together. Not sure about the pain relief.

Good luck! :)

Before giving any prokinetics it's essential that the Vet excludes the possibility of an obstruction.

If pain is severe then initially an opiate (eg vetergesic) may be needed alongside Metacam

Sending vibes xx

I'd also say don't let them give liquid paraffin! I agree it's a good idea to get some fluids given s/c while you're there too, to give him a bit of a 'boost' and keep him hydrated. Dehydrated buns absorb water from their guts and that makes it harder to get it going again.

Good luck, hope your lovely little chap is ok x

Thank you!!!!! Santa I think I read a thread by you ages ago re the paraffin and had to explain why it's not a good idea to the last vet!!

Oooh just had another thought they'll prob want to give baytril! I was following a thread on that a while back but never saw the conclusion I always felt it seemed a bit daft for stasis if there are no signs of infection! Anyone remember what the general consensus was?

I believe the vet advice was that it was understandable that a vet might adminster Baytril in case of hidden infection, which might be the cause of the stasis, however that Baytril wasn't a useful part of general treatment for the gut in stasis treatment. Also that you would use it if there was an obvious infection, where pain might be causing the stasis.

Sorry - that makes absolutely no sense reading it back. :oops:

I think you are meant to give metaclop and zantac at least 2 hours apart: One reduces the effectiveness of the other: I can't remember which way round it is though :?

OMG Im soooooo stupid :censored::evil: while I was out with Dudley I called by a friends who has bunnies and a good bunny brush (I don't!) and gave him a good brushing to get the excess fur off him, in my stressed state I never gave a thought to what I was doing!!!!! I got Duds home and he sat for ages in a box recovering he then ate some parsley, some carrot and a treat HURRAH!! THEN Daisy attacked him :shock:!! I'm so upset it's all my stupid fault!!!! I broke them up and they're keeping a distance, Ive rubbed my hands in the litter box and over Dudley and then Daisy then back to Dudley!!! I'm really hating myself right now such a stupid stupid thing to have done :cry:

Awe and my little boy has just done a huge poo pile!!! they would be back to normal if it wasn't for me :(

There not the kind of bunnies to chase from smell, because they have been here, and theres so many smells and theres not been a chase ever. Its probably a combination of things, Daisy can probably detect he isnt feeling well and is confused etc etc.

Do you have a puppy pen, or a way of making their area smaller? i would just neutralise stuff and make their area smaller, im sure they will be back to normal again before you know it!

Hmm but he was really sick at Christmas and they spent 24hrs apart?! Plus at yours I guess they are experiencing the different smells together?! Don't know really! It was horrible to see tho :( I can't really neutralise anything as it's the whole house! I can make the area smaller and I do have a dog crate! They are fine within a foot of each other then Daisy will get closer smell him and run for it!!! Dudley has eaten for England since his recovery :)

Daisy: He stinks!!! I doesn't like it!!! he has bad BO (bunny odor) He told me he was sick and had to go and get help but I smells another bunny all over him that's where he was... he was with another DOE and she has had her filthy paws on my man :censored:

Daisy: He stinks!!! I doesn't like it!!! he has bad BO (bunny odor) He told me he was sick and had to go and get help but I smells another bunny all over him that's where he was... he was with another DOE and she has had her filthy paws on my man :censored:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

she thinks hes a fibber! thats hilarious!

why dont you rub one of their bunny blankets on him? he needs to smell like dudley again, so rub one of their blankets, or even rub daisy with it and then rub him:lol:

Dudley: Shes mean I wonts groom
her I wonts!!!! She can groom her own smelly self I'll bite her furry bum first humph

OK that's it they're not on talking terms now and there has been some major scuffling and tails up so they've been for a ride in the car! They are now in a tiny pen and still not speaking the language of love!!! I refuse to let them unbond this is all my fault so Im gonna pay the penalty of a looooong night!!

Oh no, not Dudley and Daisy - get them marriage counselling quick because I won't let them get divorced. :no: :lol:

I hope they manage to sort out their differences, and that you can get some sleep tonight. :)

Daisy: Oooo Dandelion *fluttering eye lashes* you Casabunova you!!! I hope you is not just schmoozing moi?? I has had a very difficult day I may have to take you up on your offer!!!

Back