• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best way to store hay

tickles

Mama Doe
I would like to store possible 10 bales of this years hay as we have been offered some cheap and the rabbits love it.
However we can only store a bale in our shed but mum has a concrete garage (no windows) and its 15ftx13ft with nothing in it.However not quite sure what is the best way for the hay to be stored.
I have been told off floor etc. but would it be best to cover them with blankets to min the dust etc or leave them open etc advice greatly appreciated.

Get a couple of pallets and place them on the ground to ensure that they have good air circulation. I cannot see any obvious reason to cover them as in a barn they are left open. If you did cover them cover them with a breathable farbric and not something plastic as they can sweat and the condensation will result in them becoming damp and mouldy.

Ensure that the garage does not have any mice visitors.

No rodent vistiors as yet in the years mum has had garage but will now make regular checks x

Back