• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flat or curly parsley??

Its ok to feed both so comes down to bunny personal preference. I have some who prefer both types in preference to the other type, and others who are not fussed. And one who looks at me like I tried to kill him if I give him parsley :lol:

Someone on here once said flat parsley has a lower calcium content, but I've never been able to find out the full nutritional content of both.

Only one way to find out ........................................fight :lol:

No seriously flat leaf is definately better - mine don't like curly anyway.

Reason Im asking is Ive always given curly...it goes down well...once or twice a week.
But I have a flat parsley plant now...which theyve never had.

My bunny prefers flat - typical, as we have curly in the garden. :roll:I'm trying to get him on to other things because of the calcium issue. He was very decisively unimpressed by basil. Wouldn't eat anything from his bowl until I had removed the offending leaves. :roll:

My bunny prefers flat - typical, as we have curly in the garden. :roll:I'm trying to get him on to other things because of the calcium issue. He was very decisively unimpressed by basil. Wouldn't eat anything from his bowl until I had removed the offending leaves. :roll:

Spoilt beggar!!Basil goes down so well.So lovely smelling!!Whats up with him:lol::lol::lol: I must admit, mine really go for it.I chuck loads in a bowl,dill,mint,parsley,coriander,rocket,carrot tops,celery,etc mix it up well and give big handfuls....:oops:
Perhaps I give too much......

Spoilt beggar!!Basil goes down so well.So lovely smelling!!Whats up with him:lol::lol::lol: I must admit, mine really go for it.I chuck loads in a bowl,dill,mint,parsley,coriander,rocket,carrot tops,celery,etc mix it up well and give big handfuls....:oops:
Perhaps I give too much......

Yep, he is a bit spoilt, with a middle-aged first-time bunny mummy pandering to his whims. :oops:

Yes, flat leaf parsley is much better because it is lower in calcium that curly, I don't feed curley parsley at all for that very reason

Yes, flat leaf parsley is much better because it is lower in calcium that curly, I don't feed curley parsley at all for that very reason

Thanks. His instinct of preference was in his own best interests. :lol: I'll be glad to put this back on his menu as he's a very restricted eater. :roll:

Back