• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

gorgeouse guineas

pennypoos

Mama Doe
Can some one recomend a shampoo for my pigwigs from gorgeouse guineas ?
there are so many too choose from i just don`t know what to order. I have 2 1yr old boars.
I usually use some petshop bought stuff the brand is "johnsons", but I`v recently found out that it`s not very good to use on piggies. So i`m going to order from gorgeouse guineas. What shall i get ?
Also could i have some bathing tips if poss ?
I`v only bathed them both twice because the get very frightened and it stresses them out so much. What can i do to make bath time less stressfull ?
:wave:

I like "Posh and Go" especially for long haired guineas. The Manuka and neem is really good if their skin doesn't seem quite right but you can't pin it down to anything specific. The "Just for Boars" looks interesting but I've not used it myself.

You can always e-mail Chrissie at GG and she will recommend for you. She was really, really helpful when I was choosing for my girlies x

Lots of strokes and talk to them as you wash them, probably no need for me to say this but slowly dunk them into the water too, most of mine used to love bath time! :D

You can always e-mail Chrissie at GG and she will recommend for you. She was really, really helpful when I was choosing for my girlies x

Thanks, does she make the shampoos her self ?
I need to wait for my OH to get home from work before i order, I`v just noticed that you have to pay through pay pal, and i don`t know how to use his account. I can`t wait to get some.
I`v noticed that their back end is realy yucky where the scent gland is, and they could realy do with a good bath.

Lots of strokes and talk to them as you wash them, probably no need for me to say this but slowly dunk them into the water too, most of mine used to love bath time! :D

I used to have a guineapig called billy, he lived untill he was 7 years old. He used to love his baths and would just sit there and let me wash him. I miss him he was the friendliest lil fella. but snow ball and lucas hate it. their eyes look as if they are going to pop out of their heads. I tried bathing them both together, but as i was trying to bathe one, the other would try and jump out of the bowl. It was very stressfull me me aswell as the boys.

Back