PDA

View Full Version : How many bunnies together?

Berniesbank
30-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum... not sure if i was supposed to post an introduction somewhere first, sorry if i was supposed to, didnt know how to do it! :oops:

My question -- I'm getting a beautiful butterfly agouti german lop in 5 weeks, she will be 10 weeks when she comes and she will be living in an outdoor aviary measuring 8ft X 8ft. I was wondering, would it be possible to house 2 does together? I'm worried she will be lonely, but i'm also worried that if i introduce 2 they will fight...
Any replies apprieciated.
Liz

*Spider*
30-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a good set up :wave:
I'd keep her until she is 6 months and have her sterilised (gets rid of hormones as well as the ability to breed) and get her a friend in the future :)
If you get her a friend now, she may end up fighting (then again they may not) but personally I would not risk it and wait :)
Then, you can rehome one from a rescue where it is already vaccinated and neutered for you, which is a massive plus, (not only for that reason of course!) :thumb:

weeble
30-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Hello and welcome to RU :wave:

your set up sounds brilliant. The ideal combination would be to get your girl spayed and to pair her up with a neutered male or possibly even look at a group. Some vets will spay younger than 6 months, it very much depends on your vet and your rabbit