• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wild X buns - U/D Noddy has been de-plummed.. 1 month till reunited with the girls :D

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
to have wild cross bunnies PTS than to keep 4 cooped up in a 5ft double hutch with thier mom and aunt ????

im pretty sick to death of worrying about Ste's moms mess and im seriously considering telling her to get them PTS. noone wants them, theres no rescues close and they are 7/8 weeks old so will start inbreeding very soon i assume, not like i have experience to know exactly what will happen when :roll:.

even if i helped and bought a 2nd hutch which again would be a tiny coffin what sort of life will that be for them.

so sick of peoples lack of empathy to bunnies, sick of every piece of advice being ignored and now its we will sort it when you come to Scotland THANKS A ******* BUNCH :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

dont worry i dont expect any of you to reply just like the last time i posted but i wanted to get it out.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:
Poor buns, sorry Donna didn't see your last post, actually wondered where you were the last few days my brumie pal :D

No rescues anywhere near at all?? even if we arranged a bun run?? Ru are good for that.

Its a bit far for me to travel but lets see if the powers of RU can help. Where are they in scotland exactly??

come on guys! any recscues or people near by that can help some buns out?

I'm sorry you have been put in this situation :(.

A 5 foot cage doesn't sound very big to house 6 rabbits, sorry I can't really give any advice, I didn't want to read and run *hugs*

Wild X bunnies are notoriously challenging. They need far more space and still often show far more wild characteristics than you would imagine they would.

This set up is cruel, especially to bunnies like those.

I didn't see another post of yours Donna and I'm sorry for that.

Are there any wildlife sanctuarys that could help and maybe release them eventually when they have learnt how to be wild buns?

I don't know where about in Scotland you family are but it might be worth trying Mossburn sanctuary beside Locherbie.

I would offer to help but we have no spare runs at the moment, perhaps later in the year we could help if still no resolution- my first bun was a wildie, so I know what they are like.

Would they be able to get the males neutered and secure the garden so that they can't escape? The can use the 5ft hutch as a nest/bolt hole

Would they be able to get the males neutered and secure the garden so that they can't escape? The can use the 5ft hutch as a nest/bolt hole

I was thinking that too. If the garden can't be secured, what about an aviary type structure? They are relatively cheap and easy to build if you're handy.

A horrible situation to be put in though,

FC x

Wild X bunnies are notoriously challenging. They need far more space and still often show far more wild characteristics than you would imagine they would.

This set up is cruel, especially to bunnies like those.

I didn't see another post of yours Donna and I'm sorry for that.

Total agreement with every word.

im fully aware how cruel it is :roll: this is why i shall be advising PTS when i visit before they start inbreeding on top of living in a coffin.

they know how i feel about hutches in the first place. if they had got a shed like i suggested this would not have happened, if they had them spayed at 6 mnoths like i advised this would not have happened. if they had stood up to thier spoiled daughter and said no to rabbits in the first place this would not of happened..

only advice they followed of mine was to get two because i knew she would get :censored: bored what i never expected was a year later that they would still be living in an eternal coffin

PTS is the only way i can see this working if that sanctuary halfpenny suggested cant help. i refuse to be dragged into thier mess and help to imprision wild bunnies who are born into captivity and i know will be miserable.

there is no garden from what i can remember just land around the block of houses.

Where in scotland is she? Has she called around everywhere?

just outside edinburgh, she tried the number for a place called paws now or something. ive found the number for the place halfpenny suggested and ive found a number for a place in fife and texted them to ste. im not phoning for them they can :censored: off ive already lost a weeks sleep over this

im fully aware how cruel it is :roll: this is why i shall be advising PTS when i visit before they start inbreeding on top of living in a coffin.

they know how i feel about hutches in the first place. if they had got a shed like i suggested this would not have happened, if they had them spayed at 6 mnoths like i advised this would not have happened. if they had stood up to thier spoiled daughter and said no to rabbits in the first place this would not of happened..

only advice they followed of mine was to get two because i knew she would get :censored: bored what i never expected was a year later that they would still be living in an eternal coffin

PTS is the only way i can see this working if that sanctuary halfpenny suggested cant help. i refuse to be dragged into thier mess and help to imprision wild bunnies who are born into captivity and i know will be miserable.

there is no garden from what i can remember just land around the block of houses.

:cry:

I'm so sorry hun! I know I'm no help am wracking my brains for a a solution

There will be a branch of the SPCA near, but i dont know what they are like with taking pets in now, worth a shot......or even, i know its not the best, but what about PAH adoption? Gotta be better than them all inbreeding or getting PTS?

I know what you mean about you not phoning, but maybe if yo do then at least you know it is getting done!

Good luck.

When you up in Scotland? You got things planned (apart from the love in with Ste! - hehe)

There will be a branch of the SPCA near, but i dont know what they are like with taking pets in now, worth a shot......or even, i know its not the best, but what about PAH adoption? Gotta be better than them all inbreeding or getting PTS?

I know what you mean about you not phoning, but maybe if yo do then at least you know it is getting done!

Good luck.

When you up in Scotland? You got things planned (apart from the love in with Ste! - hehe)

im going up on the train on sunday and there will be no loving until im satisfied these buns are sorted one way or another

i did give the number for the scottish RSPCA but i assumed when ste phoned earlier with the news rescues are full that was both numbers and not just the one i found..

dont help i have no idea where anything is up there :oops::oops: i dont even know how to do a shed being a city girl... i would keep two myself if i was already there but its months off and i dont think bunnies will cross thier legs until then

not to mention ive never sexed a rabbit so if i get it wrong when we split them inbreeding will still happen :cry::cry::cry::cry:

not even thinking straight now im so tired. and i dont want to leave my own buns either

How many are there? I have a x wild bun who I adopted from Fife rabbit rescue, they have had a couple of wild x litters in and all were neutered, vaccinated and rehomed. There is a long waiting list just now and I have two fosters waiting for a space too but I can always ask.
Try not to panic too much about inbreeding yet, from what I have seen wild buns mature much later than domestic ones. The wild x boys didn't have their bits until they were almost 5 months old and when my girl Heather was spayed at 5 months her uterus was still very small and under developed.

I can't think of any solution I'm afraid other than ringing round all the rescues in scotland and then hoping some person or people are willing to do an epic bunnyrun to get them there.

Unfortunately they would prob be better PTS than living in the conditions you describe, for their whole lives.

I didn't see your last thread because you posted it after I'd left for work, and deleted it three hours later, before I'd got back. ;)

Back