• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT Advice

kgattrell

Alpha Buck
I'm due to go to work in a about 40 mins but my two have just started to fight for the first time, I think its fighting. They are circling each other and jumping, and there was fur flying. I broke them both up and checked them over no damage done, are they fighting or playing? Never seen them do this before. They both have free access to a bedroom and don't get locked into hutches just a room. What should I do?
They have lived together for over a year and have both been spayed and neuteured

Last edited:
Sounds like fighting to me if they're circling. Are they both eating and pooing? Sometimes the bond can break down if one is ill. Or has there been any unusual smells, strange pets around or could they be picking up on any pet smells on your clothes?

Personally a bit of time out where they can still see each other might be the best if your not there it will play on your mind otherwise and you will worry, maybe put them together in a neutral space again when you get home, outside on the lawn perhaps in a playpen and then resume as normal for dinner time etc - I'm not sure really but, you have to trust your instincts, far better for them to be a bit miffed off for the day today but, safe than tear into each other in a couple of hours and your not there to sort it out, I would imagine they are like any other species in the sense that there will inevitably be ups and downs but, as your not there and clearly going to worry I would probably separate but, ensure they still see/hear/smell each other, might be good to let things cool down and they will probably flop and sleep.

Personally a bit of time out where they can still see each other might be the best if your not there it will play on your mind otherwise and you will worry, maybe put them together in a neutral space again when you get home, outside on the lawn perhaps in a playpen and then resume as normal for dinner time etc - I'm not sure really but, you have to trust your instincts, far better for them to be a bit miffed off for the day today but, safe than tear into each other in a couple of hours and your not there to sort it out, I would imagine they are like any other species in the sense that there will inevitably be ups and downs but, as your not there and clearly going to worry I would probably separate but, ensure they still see/hear/smell each other, might be good to let things cool down and they will probably flop and sleep.

:thumb:

Or even when you get home put them both in a carrier and take them for a drive if you have a car.

My two still have the odd scuffle but it normally doesn't last that long, it will be because carlo has nicked some of Bobby's food which makes her cross:shock:

I agree with Vicky probably just seperate today but make sure they can still see each other

I had to seperate mine overnight a few weeks ago as they were laying into each other. I introduced them over a large bowl of chopped up veggies for breakfast and they've been closely bonded ever since - just like they were before! I have no idea what caused it! :roll::lol:

Back