• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is a teeny bit excited! u/d advice needed as I'm stumped

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Tomorrow I am finally going to be able to pick up Winter's new wife! :D

I was supposed to pick her up last Friday but my mother in law was rushed to hospital and sadly died over the weekend so we had lots of family around and going to and from the hospital so no time for bonding or concentrating on bunnies.

Still rather upset but we have the house back to ourselves and a free weekend to commit to bonding so I am picking her up on my way home tomorrow and I can't wait.

Will post piccies when she arrives and is settled in :D

Last edited:
Well all going ok so far. They're set up in my kitchen - lots of chasing by Winter which I expected. He doesn't know what to do with himself as she is so quick compared to Alice but he is desperate to hump her senseless. It's gonna be a long bonding me thinks.

however, no fighting which is a good sign. She just grunts a bit at him.

Here she is in the carrier
47ae8f82.jpg

Here is their set up in my kitchen for a few days
bb9bce6e.jpg

Here they are eating some Hay together (they haven't sat like this since as Biscuit (her name for the moment) has twigged that Winter just wants to hump her and runs as soon as he comes near her.
55f3ba30.jpg

She is exhausted though - she is flopping out at every opportunity and breathing quite quickly - as he only has to move towards her and she scarpers. Should I make the space smaller? Or should I half the enclosure and put them either side so she gets some restbite? I know Winter won't stop and I don't want her to have a heart attack or something.

Well i think they've bonded. I think this may have been the least problematic bonding I have ever done :D

I slept in the lounge on the blow up bed last night but apart from a few marathon chases this morning they've become quite settled. I have seen them both groom one another this morning (banana to the rescue) and now they're lying down next to eachother looking quite content :)

Winter still tries to hump her every so often but thats just his nature.

Here they are about 10 mins ago :)

fc0040af.jpg

She's so cute I've never had a lionhead before - do I need to groom her mane?

I think I'm going to rename her Summer (bit cheesy I know but I think it suits her)

You will probably need to groom her mane depending on how much she does (and he does).

I'm glad they have bonded so well :) Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I think more pictures are necessary :wave:

Back