• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dead wildies being sold on ebay

lildebs

Mama Doe
As per title...with photo :censored: of them lined up on a fence.
I have reported them, can that be allowed. I'm truly disgusted. :(

Am I allowed to post the item number?? so others can do same.

Just seen what you mean and tbh I don't have an issue with it being sold or killed. And yes I am an animal lover and a veggie. But the rabbit population has be controlled and I prefer this rather than myxi. I would prefer the rabbit to be shot rather that killed by ferreting though.

please please tell me this isn't true? :cry:

PM me the item number please, im goin to report it immediately.

im going to report the item anyway, as i think thats disgusting and dont believe it should be allowed to be sold on a public auction site.

I feel so sick looking at that image :cry:

Update: reported the item to ebay. We'll see if they actually care.

Last edited:
Its food for snakes so its allowed. Friend of the family goes shooting and sells them to reptile shops. Not nice to see though really.

To be honest they are dead, I would rather people shot wild rabbits - preferably trained marksmen so it is quick and accurate than backyard breeders neck them which is far more traumatic. For every one of those sold it is potentially stopping a domestic one being fed to a snake - awful but, years ago they would hang them up in a butchers shop - not really much difference, as long as they have had a quick end, they don't know anything more about it.

The listing has them listed as food for people, dogs, birds, cats and snakes.

To be honest I've no problem with wild rabbits being killed for food, they've at least lived a decent life up until the point they're shot or whatever and like it or not they're a pest in some places and need controlling. I used to work in a small nature reserve and rabbits were a big problem. I'd rather that than them spending their lives in a weeny wee cage as I've no doubt they would have been if they'd been farmed.

Don't see anything wrong with the photo either, it's not like it's terribly graphic.

Surely if they are being sold for food then the seller has to abide by EU regulations in terms of health and safety etc...:?

The listing has them listed as food for people, dogs, birds, cats and snakes.

To be honest I've no problem with wild rabbits being killed for food, they've at least lived a decent life up until the point they're shot or whatever and like it or not they're a pest in some places and need controlling. I used to work in a small nature reserve and rabbits were a big problem. I'd rather that than them spending their lives in a weeny wee cage as I've no doubt they would have been if they'd been farmed.

Don't see anything wrong with the photo either, it's not like it's terribly graphic.

I second this. It still saddens me though.

Back