• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lump on ralph's ear

Candiflare

Mama Doe
When I picked the buns up from my parents after they stayed there for a week I saw Ralph had a cut in his ear which has just become bigger and bigger since then. Now it has a massive scab on it and there's a lump behind it (about the size of the cut. I have a vet's appointment on Saturday, but how serious do you think it is?

Ralph's slightly withdrawn and it's obvious it hurts as he flinches when I touch it, but he's still eating, drinking, pooping and binkying...

i have a picture on my blackberry which i can't seem to send to my mail or get it on to the computer. I wish I could.

The scab has fallen off and now it looks raw and red and sore and the skin its on is inflamed into a lump. There is no puss, only dried blood.

If it is an abcess, is this an emergency?

Last edited:
i have a picture on my blackberry which i can't seem to send to my mail or get it on to the computer. I wish I could.

The scab has fallen off and now it looks raw and red and sore and the skin its on is inflamed into a lump. There is no puss, only dried blood.

If it is an abcess, is this an emergency?

I would take him to the Vet tomorrow. Even if it's not an abscess you have said you think it is causing him discomfort so he'll need analgesia at the very least.

Just managed to send the file. It's a terrible photo but might give you an idea. This was before the scab fell off

IMG00015-20100728-2334.jpg

Back