• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Bracken sweet wildie doe needs a home -Slough

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of bunlover

Name: Bracken
Physical Description: Wild rabbit agouti and small possibly hand reared as quite tame to humans
Temperament very very affectionate likes to be stroked
Age roughly 6 months old
Sex: female
Neuter Status: un nuetered can either go to a home where neuter can be confirmed will be done or cannot be rehomed until september as i do not have the spare money to neuter her aswell until then
Vaccination Status: both vhd adn myxi up to date
Health: no known health problems
Type of home wanted: large avairy or shed with tall run her binkys are very high also would like her to have free range time, MUST have other rabbit company, she could also go as a house rabbit but only as part of group or pair and have access to a garden, she is currently in a 6ft hutch and 6x6ft run combo with free range time unfortunatly her binkys are around 4ft hight and so in the hutch/run she cannot do this and sits biting the mesh to be free she is ok in the house but it would need severe rabbit proofing, she desperatly wants affection and has gotten in with other rabbits here and was fine she will be an easy bond, any home must be very secure as she can sqeeze through tiny gaps (she got out of a dog crate by going throguh the gaps)
Location: langley slough can be brought to gloucester easily too
Reason for rehoming
was found in a garden and handed in to pah adoption but couldnt face a wild rabbit being kept in a small hutch so took her from there with promise of ideal home with a freind, sadly home feel through due to redundancy

other information
Bracken will not be rehomed anywhere there are dogsor birds of prey as we tried her at a rescue in a run and the rescue ladys dogs walked by(they are very tame and not in least interested in bunnys) and she went ballistic crashing into sides of pen and cut herself on mesh she is very frightened of dogs. she does however seem fine with cats around though is wary of them.
She also eats a more natrual diet than your average rabbit enjoying grazing on grass where possible and eating leaves instead of veg(note she will eat small amounts of veg and has daily pellets now)

here are some pics of bracken
150.jpg

IMG

she is extreamly affectionate and has been with me a few months waiting for her lovely new home to be ready and join the group there, sadly it all fell through and she is once again homeless anyone who has the space and is prepared for the extra care in terms of diet and space and escapism(that being the most difficult one!!!) please get in touch, thanks
149.jpg

Bracken is a very lonely:( baby bunny

I just wanted to clarify that Bracken was friendly to the person who originally found her in their garden and gave her to pah after failing to trace an owner-we did not tame her-she was already tame.

She is definitely a wild rabbit that has had some human contact when very young such that she is now tame.

Personally I am guessing maybe she escaped a predator? and found refuge in a garden somewhere where someone cared for her ?then they released her back in the wild? but she returned to the area where she had had human care?.

She comes up to you to be stroked:love: and is very easy to pick up so it would not be right to release her into the wild.
Bracken is a beautiful :love:little bunny who is sadly :(desperate for other bunny company.
Her efforts to escape are not outside the garden but to try to get into the run with other bunnies.

I am currently temporarily minding a pair of bunlovers rabbits so she can accommodate Brackens needs but this is not ideal. Though bunlovers bunnies like to visit me, they now want to go home.

Bunlover does not have accommodation on a permanent basis for Bracken.

Please please can someone give this loving lonely :(little bunny a permanent home?
sue :wave:

Such a shame that nobody can take her. I think, unfortunately it may be because she is a wildie - not as easy to care for, what with dietary needs and the fact she needs so much space. 4ft binkies?! Biscuit's lucky to manage 1.5ft:lol:

Good luck Bracken, hope you find a home soon!:love:

I have met Bracken and she is such a lovely rabbit. She has a wonderful, gentle nature.

I wish I could help Kate.

Good luck little Bracken. Whoever rehomes you is a very lucky person indeed.

Alice x

Awwww I wish I could help, but everyone I know who would have bunnies has dogs. A rabbit that friendly shouldnt have to wait for a home.

I have met Bracken and she is such a lovely rabbit. She has a wonderful, gentle nature.

I wish I could help Kate.

Good luck little Bracken. Whoever rehomes you is a very lucky person indeed.

Alice x

thanks alice, i was going to email you and tell you id put her on here, such a shame her other home fell through fingers crossed that perfect home is out there for her, iv had to leave her at mums for now(gloucester) as Dora is indoors due to torn ligaments and coco andkitty both on meds they all had to come here as i jsut dont have room for 3 sets of buns. i keep hoping the right home will appear! x

Kate's 4 bunnies have had to go back to her as they are all poorly with various problems and I cannot cope with all the meds.

As there's no room for Bracken at Kate's, I now have her here in a 6ft hutch at the bottom of the garden.
Although she is fed watered and cleaned out, she is very lonely:( as I sadly I have other commitments (esp now my mum is ill), and cannot give her the runs or affection she needs.

(I specifically did not foster any buns at this time because I knew I would have no time for them, but I have ended up with a rabbit someone else was supposed to take on).
Although our garden is bunnyproofed for Kates older rabbits who do not jump, it's not secure for Bracken.
If anyone is on two minds whether to give this bunny a home, please don't be under the misapprehension that I will now take Bracken on, as I am not in a position to do so.
She was bought from pah adoption so she wouldn't spend her time lonely in a hutch at the bottom of the garden, and I feel so sad :(that that is exactly what has happened.
I did not ask for this bunny but there is nowhere else for her to go.

Please would any of you with a bunny group consider adding this sweet docile little bunny to them or even fostering her for a while until she is rehomed?

hopefully Kate can put more pics on here soon -sue:wave:

Oh shes beautifull....
Im so tempted...but are having mine spayed soon....and they are girls - not sure how 3 girls would go together?...at a later date obvioulsy...

Obvisouly the height of her jumps is an issue....could she be a free range bun in the garden? Would she try get out ?
What diet would she require in terms of variation?
Can she have usual pellets & hay?

Perhaps if the main requirements are sorted out she will be easy to keep safe...:?

Oh shes beautifull....
Im so tempted...but are having mine spayed soon....and they are girls - not sure how 3 girls would go together?...at a later date obvioulsy...

Obvisouly the height of her jumps is an issue....could she be a free range bun in the garden? Would she try get out ?
What diet would she require in terms of variation?
Can she have usual pellets & hay?

Perhaps if the main requirements are sorted out she will be easy to keep safe...:?

she could be a free range bunny provided the garden was bunny proofed, she seems to be trying to get out to be in with other rabbits rather than to excape but we would have to see i would advise monitoring her first or prehaps doing a trial period to establish how she was in the set up provisionally? diet: she eats ss pellets iin morin then hay and does enjoy grazing on grass then has apple leaves for evening veg she will eat carrot and she will eat apple pieces she will occasionally eat a tiny amount of spring greens she wont eat herbs. i know mum has fed her rose leaves and nut leaves but i dont have those here, she hasnt been treid with willow but id imagine she would like it? she loves eating garden weeds, dandilions and any long bits of grass she does eat lots of hay.

Last edited:
mmmm.....sounds like she would be fine as long as she has room to roams & some company....will see how the spay goes with my girls....was thinking husbuns...but it doesnt matter I guess.....obvioulsy I need to make sure they have enought room for when I cant let them out - thats the catch i guess....mine share 2 double hutches & a run when i dont bring them inside...
What will my OH say.....I showed him her pic & he said she looks just like ours! :love:

Don't know what you think Kate, but I have found wildie bunnies to be very keen to be part of another bunny set up. In the wild they live in colonies and I expect her instinct for the need of bunny friendship is very strong.

Alice

Don't know what you think Kate, but I have found wildie bunnies to be very keen to be part of another bunny set up. In the wild they live in colonies and I expect her instinct for the need of bunny friendship is very strong.

Alice

yes i very much agree she is crying out for other bunny company and she must be homed with other bunnies where ever she ends up, i have a potential home for her in someone who has contacted me and is interested in integrating her with their own bunnies in a lrge set up with free range time too, will need to do homechecks etc and speak in a bit more detail about set up and bracs needs with adoptee but the initial sounding out is promising. will update everyone if and when things have been confirmed.

Last edited:
oooh - that sounds promising!
I have been thinking about her alot....womdering if I could squish her in & make mine a trio....after their spays ....just concerned about making a run thats really high so she can jump about when I have to lock them up.....may take a few months for me to get a bigger setup - been discussing with OH options - so will see.....
Keep us updated as I do adore her & I really want her to go to a good home where her needs are met...
I love her bless her little thing!:love:

Alice

Absolutely Alice.
She has made no attempt to get out of the garden so far,but when I let her out she is constantly trying to get in to where Kate's other bunnies were. I know she's desperate for company.
She comes up to me to be stroked-such a sweet:love:little thing. She's not getting much time out as I'm not in much at the moment,:( but fingers crossed I think there's a good possibility of a new home:) with other bunnies.
sue:wave:

Subject to her spay which is being done here but kindly paid for by new owner to speed up process, and subject to bonding with her bunnies bracken has a new home in a loverly large set up with bunny company a kind new owner and free range time. fingers crossed the other 2 bunnys will like her too! :) the person is an ru member so you may all see updates and posts in the future but i dont want to post anything more aout them in case they wish to have anominity.I will leave it to them to post, thankyou all for caring so much and helping in finding this special sweet bunny a nice home.

Back