• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy hay

lizzyjm

Alpha Buck
I've run out of timothy hay today and have been trying to find somewhere in London that sells it. All I can find is Pets At Home which have branches that are really hard to get to and I know they're a bad place in general to spend my money.

Has anyone used the Pets At Home timothy hay? Is it alright, compared to others? The last bag I had was by Alfafa King I think, from the Hay Experts and my bunnies loved it.

At the moment it looks like I'll be trekking on public transport for about 2½ hours this evening after work as I can't go home without any!

I've still got loads of meadow hay but they aren't impressed with that unless I wave a stalk under their noses. I also got some alfafa hay at the vet on Tuesday, which I'd steered clear of before as I thought it wasn't good for them due to the calcium. But the vet said that it's okay for growing bunnies, up to about 8 months. The bunnies weren't impressed with that either at first, but eventually ate it when the timothy had gone. And then yesterday I came home to discover white wee everywhere. So the alfafa's out!

I've run out of timothy hay today and have been trying to find somewhere in London that sells it. All I can find is Pets At Home which have branches that are really hard to get to and I know they're a bad place in general to spend my money.

Has anyone used the Pets At Home timothy hay? Is it alright, compared to others? The last bag I had was by Alfafa King I think, from the Hay Experts and my bunnies loved it.

At the moment it looks like I'll be trekking on public transport for about 2½ hours this evening after work as I can't go home without any!

I've still got loads of meadow hay but they aren't impressed with that unless I wave a stalk under their noses. I also got some alfafa hay at the vet on Tuesday, which I'd steered clear of before as I thought it wasn't good for them due to the calcium. But the vet said that it's okay for growing bunnies, up to about 8 months. The bunnies weren't impressed with that either at first, but eventually ate it when the timothy had gone. And then yesterday I came home to discover white wee everywhere. So the alfafa's out!

I don't like spending in Pets at home either but the one over here (N.Ireland) that I go to has the Alfafa King Timothy Hay - something like £8.99 or so for a large bag. It's good stuff! You could get your local vet to stock some! I asked and they got some in for me!

Online wasn't an option today as I needed it quickly! I'll get more online in future though, the delivery cost is probably around the same as the travel cost to the nearest stockist! I did end up going to Pets at Home & got 2 bags of Alfafa King and one bag of Burgess Forage with dandelions and marigolds. Didn't get the Pets at Home one as the strand looked a bit short and rubbish.

Back