• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mistys pulling his fur out?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
not to make a nest or anything as i know some boys can do this but ive just gone to check on him and theres chucks of his white fur just sat on the floor not molted fur either as that comes out in little bits :?

Ive just read up on google and found it could be many things.

Im going to check him for fleas and mites but it also said that they pull out there fur when there stressed, bored, lonely or neglected :(

Hi, I'm new here and not very far away from you. (I live in ellington) My Kane has just had all sorts of skin tests etc because his fur was coming out in clumps with bald bits underneath - turned out (over £200 later) he is just having a really bad moult. I've read about the boredom and stress thing, maybe you just have to work through things one at a time - make sure he isn't bored, then think if he is stressed.
I am not very experienced, having only come back to buns after 30+ years but has he just started doing it? is he a single bun? Has anything changed recently in his life/routine?
They are such a worry! I had dogs until recently and have had my horse for 16 years and I'm sure they are nowhere near as much worry.

i think im more worried that hes doing it through being lonely as he lost his partner 2 weeks ago :( hes always been a sociable bun. Im going to pop out soon and check his skin over as i know hes had fleas before but years ago and i know the skin will look dry and flakey if he has mites. A super molt is possible aswell.

oh poor little one, that's something else i worry about with mine (!!!) as they are totally inseperable.
Maybe a trip to the vet might be in order to check him out? I have found a great rabbit vet - she genuinely loves them! Are you going to bond him with Lady?
Hope you both feel better soon. I lost my dog recently and I'm SO not over it. watering eyes even now just thinking about him.

yeah i think the rescue woman is going to bond them for me as i get scarred when doing it myself lol i will deffinatly get him checked over hun i think hes due his vaccinations so could get everything done all at once. Which vets do you use?

Back