• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making my twosome a threesome?

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
:Right this is not happening till next year, but I really want a rescue bun to go with Bobby and Carlo, Ian has agreed:love:

So before I go getting all excited about it, what sex would be best with a boy and a girl?

Oh and is this a good idea as my two have been bonded since April?

How much space would they need? I currently have my two in my spare room and then they have run of the house when we are in. (although Carlo just prefers to stay upstairs ) Spare Room is about 10ft by 10ft ish will measure tonight exactly

I would probably send them away to be bonded as I am a scardy pants

Ooh, exciting :D I love trios.

Gender doesn't matter, just personality and what works with the bunnies. I also don't think the time they have previously been bonded has a huge impact, again, it comes down to personality as to whether it works or not.

That space still sounds awesome for a trio :)

I'm helpful, right? :lol:

Ooh, exciting :D I love trios.

Gender doesn't matter, just personality and what works with the bunnies. I also don't think the time they have previously been bonded has a huge impact, again, it comes down to personality as to whether it works or not.

That space still sounds awesome for a trio :)

I'm helpful, right? :lol:

Cool well, I have a feeling that Bobby may be the problem bun as she was ever so bossy with Carlo bum, and scared him quite a bit, I will find the thread just now.

After meeting those nethies I just fell in love with the mummy :love: ahhh

Both buns are very snuggly with each other and me :love: But I am of course scared of rocking the boat :oops:

yes you are very helpful, as long as they have enough room, is all.. so do you think size is an issue? Mine are bothe medium/large bunsters

As Bobby is so dominant a very placid male would probably be best.

You do have to be prepared for the worst scenario which is the attempt at bonding might not work and may break the original bond..doesn't happen often but can?

that said lots of people have trios..as you see on here:D

As Bobby is so dominant a very placid male would probably be best.

You do have to be prepared for the worst scenario which is the attempt at bonding might not work and may break the original bond..doesn't happen often but can?

that said lots of people have trios..as you see on here:D

Thanks Jill :) Funnily enough Carlo has become a little more dominant of late, he is a frisky so and so, and Bobby has just started letting him get on with it. :lol:

I am of course worried about their bond breaking down, so will still have a long hard think about it as those two are my priority :D

Thanks for your advice

I may just be marred by my own recent experience, but personally I'm not sure I'd advise choosing to add another bun to a happily bonded pair. Even when it looked as if my trio might "work", I've been hearing from so many people that in their trios there is often one left out, or chased a bit, or at the bottom of the 'pecking order'. That's why I took Dudley out in the end - it was a pair of lops and an accepted, but nevertheless slightly separate, third bunny. None of those things happen in a well-bonded and loved up pair so unless there's an urgent necessity to try it or a problem with the pair that may be helped by changing the dynamic with another bun, I wouldn't advise it.

I'm sure others will disagree and tell you of wonderful experiences with trios but I didn't think it would hurt to add a different opinion, sorry :oops:

I may just be marred by my own recent experience, but personally I'm not sure I'd advise choosing to add another bun to a happily bonded pair. Even when it looked as if my trio might "work", I've been hearing from so many people that in their trios there is often one left out, or chased a bit, or at the bottom of the 'pecking order'. None of those things happen in a well-bonded and loved up pair so unless there's an urgent necessity to try it or a problem with the pair that may be helped by changing the dynamic with another bun, I wouldn't advise it.

I'm sure others will disagree and tell you of wonderful experiences with trios but I didn't think it would hurt to add a different opinion, sorry :oops:

Don't apologise Santa, it was in fact your thread that has made me think of all the possible scenarios. My two are VERY loved up they do still have their humping scuffles when its food time now and again, but other than that, they are very in love.

if Bobs comes downstairs for a fuss then Carlo will thump and the top of the stairs till she comes up, then they have a massive kissing fest because they have been parted for a matter of minutes :love:

I have to have a real think about space if the bond doesn't work and whether I am willing to take that risk.

Hmm not sure, i know that Bobby is very very dominant and territorial at times. Carlo is also very at home so not sure he would appreciate another body

My trio is a female and two males :)

38954_472059823573_709523573_6627407_8241993_n.jpg

:love::love::love:

Before the trio came about, I did try and bond Thistle and Jess to another of my pairs, Pharrell and Daphne. Jess is very dominant and wouldn't accept another doe and the foursome didn't work because of this. Brian was an accidental bond (after he let himself in their shed!!) but all is well and he's been accepted by T&J just fine. There was a tiny bit of aggression on Jess's part when Brian first arrived but I think that's probably because he'd only been neutered two weeks and was still a stinky hormoney bun! :lol:

They all get on fine and none of them ever seem left out although Jess and Brian both obviously prefer to sit with Thistle than with each other :roll::lol: I've caught them having a mass three way grooming session on numerous occasions though.

:wave:

ETA - forgot to add, my three have a 9X9 shed (and free range time as I can't attach a run) so I think your spare room would be plenty big enough. :D

Both of my trios are 2 females and a male, with the two females being pairs to start with and one male being added.

With one trio, the male is probably more dominant and there isn't one left out as such although he does chase both girls at food time.

With the other trio, there is one at the bottom of the pile (little Pickle) and she does get the brunt of chasing, however, she gets treated no differently than when she was in the pair, ie Truffle who was her partner before chased her then and chases her now. Occasionally she will get picked on by Riley too, but only occasionally. If I had more space, I would consider separating Pickle from the other two as Truffle is such a :censored: to her at food times.

Some trios work perfectly, some don't and like Sky-O says, it depends on the personalities involved.

LOVELY PICS :love:

Nice to see it can work, I just worry about my bossy spoiled Bobby, and I think jills right a really laid back male may be the right way to go,IF I decide to do it, as Carlo just seems to love everyone.

Wish that I had a mansion :cry:

Last edited:
Yes from what I have read on here, 2 males will probably get on better than 2females - especially if Bobby is the bossy pants...the girls were the problem with me and as I understand it with many others as well...:roll:

OR
You could get another pair and have 4!!!! :D then no-one gets left out!

Your room sounds plenty of room especially if they are free to wander too!

Yes from what I have read on here, 2 males will probably get on better than 2females - especially if Bobby is the bossy pants...the girls were the problem with me and as I understand it with many others as well...:roll:

OR
You could get another pair and have 4!!!! :D then no-one gets left out!

Your room sounds plenty of room especially if they are free to wander too!

Yeah is funny how the girlies seem to be the problem :lol:

I'm only a week into bonding my trio so I'll get back to you on it. At the mo it seems to be working quite nicely. I think it depends so much on the bunnies. Bailey was originally in a trio with one of my other pairs but he was bullied quite a bit by the female as she didn't like him getting pally with her male, plus hes a bit scatty as doesn't see great which frustrated her. However in the new trio he is top bun and the two girls seem pretty happy for it to be that way.

Soooooo jealous!!! I really want a trio but I'm too scared to rock the boat. Benson and Lola have such a lovely bond, it would break my heart to change it it any way. But I still long for another bun!!! :cry:

Soooooo jealous!!! I really want a trio but I'm too scared to rock the boat. Benson and Lola have such a lovely bond, it would break my heart to change it it any way. But I still long for another bun!!! :cry:

And me :cry::cry:..

I'm still very unsure, and will have to look at the possibilty of keeping seperate if it doesn't work... oooohhh I dunno should I??? :?

And me :cry::cry:..

I'm still very unsure, and will have to look at the possibilty of keeping seperate if it doesn't work... oooohhh I dunno should I??? :?

I dunno!!! I think we might be as indecisive as each other. I really would have liked 3 so that if something happened to one, I would never have one left alone but some people on her advised me to leave well enough alone as it can break the bond (or change it) between the other two. The vet said she would leave well enough alone too. But when you look at some folks on here and how close all their bunneys are, you think - it probably would work. I personally wont but thats just because I'm a great big scardy pants!!

(speaking of pants - my friend bought me some bunny ones! - i wont show you now cause I'm wearing them :shock:)

I dunno!!! I think we might be as indecisive as each other. I really would have liked 3 so that if something happened to one, I would never have one left alone but some people on her advised me to leave well enough alone as it can break the bond (or change it) between the other two. The vet said she would leave well enough alone too. But when you look at some folks on here and how close all their bunneys are, you think - it probably would work. I personally wont but thats just because I'm a great big scardy pants!!

(speaking of pants - my friend bought me some bunny ones! - i wont show you now cause I'm wearing them :shock:)

Oh you must post pics... when you are out of them of course... the pants that is.. pics of the pants :oops:

I don't know maybe I will get over my threesome longing. because I would actually die I think if Bobby and Carlo fell out :cry:

But I still long for another bun!!!

Just do what I did. Tell the other half you want another one. Get it then a month later tell him he/she should really have another bun for company, hello bunny number 4. Repeat until you reach the stage that you ask for another bun and the other half says oh well you may as well get another two! :lol::lol:

Oh you must post pics... when you are out of them of course... the pants that is.. pics of the pants :oops:

I don't know maybe I will get over my threesome longing. because I would actually die I think if Bobby and Carlo fell out :cry:

... I'll wash em and photograph them BEFORE I put them on!!

I know. I think I will always have a longing for another wee one, but my heart just melts when I see them snuggling and grooming. Oh if I was the cause of them falling out I think I'd die too!!! But someone else more knowledgable than me could say to go for it!:)

Back