• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely willow basket for hay......update found some hay bowls that they haven't eat!

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
yesterday I got two lovely willow baskets to put my buns hay in next to their litter trays, they seemed chuffed with them and they looked great, i put them in their house about last night, I went out this morning at half 7 and this is what was left: :evil::lol:

I thought i'd get a couple of weeks out them at the least, the little so-and-so's!!

Last edited:
I truly feel your pain! I saw a cute little hanging willow basket on a website that was out of stock, I then spent at least a week trying to find somewhere that sold one... I eventually got hold of one for them to destroy is in a matter of days!

It didn't hang very well after the first night, and then they set to removing the bottom so that I couldn't actually utilise the "basket" feature of the hanging basket :roll:

I really wouldn't mind - that's what it's there for after all - but if I put a willow toy in their cage it gets completely ignored!!!

xxx

:lol: My two are the same. I got them a really nice willow basket to put keep their hay in one place in their run. Within about 5 days that had pulled the sides to pieces and to top it off, Inky dumped the botton in a muddy puddle.

It makes me laugh but my wallet cry.

As a new bunny Mummy in April I was naive enough to throw out a willow toy when my bunny chewed a hole in it :oops::oops::oops: I didn't realise that was the point :oops::oops::oops:

Sorry my work pc got a virus just after i posted originally and my laptop at home went on the blink too :( So, thought i'd update - i've now finally found the perfect hay bowls!!

They're Ikea "Prickig" (snigger :lol:) microwave lids and only 99p each, they've got little holes in but not big enogh for the hay to fall out of, they haven't eaten them (yet :roll:) and they're just the right size :D And here they are in use:

IMG00044.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00043.jpg
[/IMG]

:lol: Awww very sweet, mine would sit in that and go poopy :lol: Those willow baskets always bite the dust with my doe aswell and the grass mats - reminds me to order some more next time:roll::lol:

:lol: Awww very sweet, mine would sit in that and go poopy :lol: Those willow baskets always bite the dust with my doe aswell and the grass mats - reminds me to order some more next time:roll::lol:

Oh yes the chill and chew mats, they polished that off ina matter of hours too lol. Mine would also have used the hay bowls as a loo, which was why i got them as i used to put their hay in their litter trays but was chucking loads away so now the bowls are next to the litter trays and touch wood so far there's been no pooping in the actual hay :)

Oh yes the chill and chew mats, they polished that off ina matter of hours too lol. Mine would also have used the hay bowls as a loo, which was why i got them as i used to put their hay in their litter trays but was chucking loads away so now the bowls are next to the litter trays and touch wood so far there's been no pooping in the actual hay :)

I wonder if one will ? You'll have to update if you spot any :lol:

Back