• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter tray fun

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
After a week of unsuccessfully trying to persuade Spenser to use a litter tray :roll::roll: I gave up and turned it into a digging box. He was much more co-operative :lol::lol::lol:
P6300382.jpg

i have those trays - but both of mine are purple!

One in the pen (during the day) and one in the living room when he's free-ranging in the evening whilst we're downstairs with him :)

Awww how cute!

Has he had a wee in whilst digging though? :lol::lol:

Nope, Spenser has yet to 'perform' in his tray :roll: I'm not really expecting it now. The fact that he enjoys playing with it means I am getting my money's worth indirectly :roll::lol::roll:

What can be more fun than digging a hole in the ground! He looks like he's having fun! :love:

He digs in the ground too :wave: We move the pen everytime the grass is cut and he has just resumed work on a hole started a month ago. Thankfully my parents are not fussy about their lawn :D

Nope, Spenser has yet to 'perform' in his tray :roll: I'm not really expecting it now. The fact that he enjoys playing with it means I am getting my money's worth indirectly :roll::lol::roll:

haha. I guess i was lucky then. I just spotted where he wee'd on the carpet on one of his first days here, then cleaned it up, put the litter tray / potty over the top and never looked back.

Not that i want to rub in how good he is or anything :lol::lol:

haha. I guess i was lucky then. I just spotted where he wee'd on the carpet on one of his first days here, then cleaned it up, put the litter tray / potty over the top and never looked back.

Yes, I tried that with the poos. Tried putting used hay/shavings from the hutch too. In fact I did ALL the things the books say. You can tell I'm really upset about it, can't you? I just :love: my boy.

:lol::lol: I was lucky too, put the littertray in the conservatory when we brought Louie home and he used it :D

:lol::lol: I was lucky too, put the littertray in the conservatory when we brought Louie home and he used it :D

I suspect Spenser's age might be part of the problem. I rehomed him at 7 months, and he's now 10 months. The litter training attempt took place after he'd been with me a couple of weeks. At least he 'uses' it. :roll::D:wave:

I suspect Spenser's age might be part of the problem. I rehomed him at 7 months, and he's now 10 months. The litter training attempt took place after he'd been with me a couple of weeks. At least he 'uses' it. :roll::D:wave:

Yes that could well be it. As you say, at least he uses it for something :D

Which part of Ayrshire are you in? My sis in law used to live in Symington but recently moved to Maybole.

Yes that could well be it. As you say, at least he uses it for something :D

Which part of Ayrshire are you in? My sis in law used to live in Symington but recently moved to Maybole.

I'm in Kilwinning. :wave: Spenser's first lot of food came from a place in Symington. He proved to be a selective feeder so I started changing him to pellets. He now eats all the mix so gets a mixture of the two. Keeps me on my toes! :D

I'm in Kilwinning. :wave: Spenser's first lot of food came from a place in Symington. He proved to be a selective feeder so I started changing him to pellets. He now eats all the mix so gets a mixture of the two. Keeps me on my toes! :D

Awww bless him :love:

Digging is much more fun than going to the toilet in the same place:lol::lol: he is very handsome.:love::love::love::love:

I'm having trouble with litter training Bell, she just dosen't get it, every day I come down in the morning to be greeted with piles of poo everywhere, sometimes i'm lucky and some are in the trays, on the other hand Walnut has finnally got the idea of it, yay!!!:D:wave: Who said bunnies were easy to litter train:roll::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: But it's much better as a sunshade as seen in the Funny Bunnies book. ;)

Alfie and Bubbles had those litter trays when Alfie was on cage rest a few mths back. They didn't like them much either. :roll: :lol::lol:
DSCF9080700x525.jpg

Some buns don't like triangular trays. What about getting him a rectangular one and filling it with hay? I've yet to meet a rabbit who doesn't like munching away while he's having a poo.

:lol::lol::lol: But it's much better as a sunshade as seen in the Funny Bunnies book. ;)

Alfie and Bubbles had those litter trays when Alfie was on cage rest a few mths back. They didn't like them much either. :roll: :lol::lol:
DSCF9080700x525.jpg

Splendid pic. Bunnies are good at showing their disapproval. :lol::lol:

Glad Spenser is enjoying playing with his tray! :lol:

I never had much success with triangular trays either; maybe he would wee in a rectangular one?
I'm in Kilwinning. :wave:
I've been in Kilmarnock for a couple of years, but am from Prestwick. There's not that many of us from around here!

Back