• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furious with pets at home!

TasherR

Alpha Buck
Hi guys im sooo annoyed with P@H i bought a hutch from there last year and today bailey was
going up the ramp and it fell off :censored:! thank god he was ok but i was well annoyed never buying anything but food from there again!

Last edited:
My Pets at Home hutch/run combo was broken this morning too when I went out to it. We have litterally had it about 3 weeks!! Bought it in a hurry because I was feeling sorry for my house bunnies stuck inside all day with no fresh air when it was SO hot...so rushed out on a Sunday afternoon to get one from P@H - it looked pretty good in pictures, but when we went to put it together we saw how shoddily made it was. The ramp was broken this morning when i went in, but not even the bit that we put together - it was an already assembled piece so totally not our fault! Luckily I have big brave rabbits who dont have any problems jumping from one level to another without a ramp, but thats not the point. Definately wouldnt recommend a hucth from them - next time I'll definately get one that comes highly recommended from others and wont break in 3 weeks!

The roof of mine broke after a few days :lol: Ah well, dad bought it, I did warn him :roll:

Are they imported from China ? They are poor quality and sizes for the company to sell I think, PAH need to get their buyers doing their job properly, they could be using a good British supplier to custom make 'Pets at home' hutches - their own brand from good quality materials to the RWA spec -- everyone's happy - but, of course it makes much better business sense to buy cheap and nasty small cramped ones and import them from China to sell to the great British numpties / public I mean :lol:

My Pets at Home hutch/run combo was broken this morning too when I went out to it. We have litterally had it about 3 weeks!! Bought it in a hurry because I was feeling sorry for my house bunnies stuck inside all day with no fresh air when it was SO hot...so rushed out on a Sunday afternoon to get one from P@H - it looked pretty good in pictures, but when we went to put it together we saw how shoddily made it was. The ramp was broken this morning when i went in, but not even the bit that we put together - it was an already assembled piece so totally not our fault! Luckily I have big brave rabbits who dont have any problems jumping from one level to another without a ramp, but thats not the point. Definately wouldnt recommend a hucth from them - next time I'll definately get one that comes highly recommended from others and wont break in 3 weeks!
Thats the exact same bit that broke on mine like the T bit at the top you screw it in and the ramp is just nailed into it its a joke! i re screwed it on nice and securely and i went and complained today. I also saved some woman loads of money they were trying to get her to buy a chube and loadsa toys for her hamster i told her to just use toilet tube rolls and cardboard boxes ahe put everything back and walked out :lol::lol: you shoulda seen the staffs faces!! :lol:

I love my P@H hutch! Its really sturdy, perhaps I just got lucky. This thing is as strong as an ox.

Sorry to hear about yours though :( poor Bailey.

Are they imported from China ? They are poor quality and sizes for the company to sell I think, PAH need to get their buyers doing their job properly, they could be using a good British supplier to custom make 'Pets at home' hutches - their own brand from good quality materials to the RWA spec -- everyone's happy - but, of course it makes much better business sense to buy cheap and nasty small cramped ones and import them from China to sell to the great British numpties / public I mean :lol:

I've got a P@H hutch for Daphne and Pharrell - believe it or not, it did actually have 'RWA Approved' written all over the box! It's a five foot, two tier and the largest P@H do but it's not great quality. I think I must have had it a year or so and it's done ok-ish but the hinges are all seizing up and the roof felt has cracked and will need replacing before winter. They also feel really flimsy when you try and move them.

Unfortunately, unless I want to spend £40 on delivery, P@H is the only place to really get hutches over here. :( That's why my last bun home was a playhouse.

I've got a P@H hutch for Daphne and Pharrell - believe it or not, it did actually have 'RWA Approved' written all over the box! It's a five foot, two tier and the largest P@H do but it's not great quality. I think I must have had it a year or so and it's done ok-ish but the hinges are all seizing up and the roof felt has cracked and will need replacing before winter. They also feel really flimsy when you try and move them.

Unfortunately, unless I want to spend £40 on delivery, P@H is the only place to really get hutches over here. :( That's why my last bun home was a playhouse.

Thats the same hutch i have for my two only mine is indoors so not weathered or anything but i did have to take the locks off and reposition them because they werent in the right place and didnt meet up.
I totally agree on this as well i moved mine literally 4 feet in the garage with my mum and one end of the beam that runs along the middle of the bottom came off had to screw that back on as well!
And is it just me or did yours take forever to assemble as well?
maybe its just me and mum being dumb :oops::lol:

I bought one yesterday actually, it was £99.00 reduced and isn't bad at all - it's there as a fall back if my trio doesn't work ( the ones I currently have will be cleaned out and donated to a rescue) for a single bun then I will sort out a better one for a pair I expect, it is actually OK not brilliant but, will be fine if I cover it well in winter its very similar to this one but, instead of the galvanised black wire it has the small square galvanised mesh which is better as we have field mice here, it will have a run attached also shown at the bottom, permanently aswell as I already have two of these - I had to buy one immediately to attach to my little male rexes hutch as it is only a 4ft double level one - he had lived in that for 3 years poor boy :cry: all good now though:D
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/rose-cottage-hutch-for-rabbits-and-guinea-pigs-by-pets-at-home-29286

I don't think P@h stuff looks that bad whenever I've looked around - they always have the biggest ones assembled in store.

I've had the willow palace (4x3 hutch over a 6x3 run) for about a year and it's still looking brand new. Unlike other hutches I've seen all the felting was wrapped over the wooden edges to stop them rotting, all the hinges and blots are still working well. All in all I found it a fantastic hutch (with an additional run attached) apart from the fact the ramp was right in front of the door :roll:
oh, and it wasn't particularly easy access so we added another door on.
We're only selling it because we got Eli and it wasn't big enough for three.

hutchandrun-Copy-1.jpg

I don't think P@h stuff looks that bad whenever I've looked around - they always have the biggest ones assembled in store.

I've had the willow palace (4x3 hutch over a 6x3 run) for about a year and it's still looking brand new. Unlike other hutches I've seen all the felting was wrapped over the wooden edges to stop them rotting, all the hinges and blots are still working well. All in all I found it a fantastic hutch (with an additional run attached) apart from the fact the ramp was right in front of the door :roll:
oh, and it wasn't particularly easy access so we added another door on.
We're only selling it because we got Eli and it wasn't big enough for three.

hutchandrun-Copy-1.jpg

Thats looks good with the run attached.

Back