• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So cross with Pets at Home!!

lja401

Warren Scout
Just getting my 2 bunnies some hay and pulled out a load out of the pets at home bag to find a piece of ribbon in there!!!! The ribbon is the type of ribbon you would use to wrap around a present to make it look pretty. My 2 could have eaten it!!!

That's awful. :shock: I've just heard we're getting a branch of P@H locally. It will be handy for Excel pellets, which my local petshop doesn't always stock, but I'm not going to be rushing to give them my custom.

I complained and they said they would look into the matter and phone up the people who provide the hay. They gave me some Timothy Hay instead.

it might be worth writing to head office too, we have done it a few times for supermarkets and ended up gettin vouchers, etc for there!

How odd :S I don't get hay from P@H as it is just easier to get it from my local petshop but typically I don't have any problems with any of the P@Hs near me.

Hmm, we got some orange rope stuff in the Excel hay last week. Fortunately I discovered it and took it out, never thought of taking it back

How odd, maybe someone was romping in the hay and the ribbon fell out of their hair:? I think if the rabbits ate it which they may not have, it probably wouldn't have been much and hopefully not done any harm however, there is a problem obviously with the processing if it got in there so I would probably mention it, personally I think the quality of their hay is appaulling so don't buy it myself, when they stock anything half decent I might buy a bag but, in reality i will expect all the standards of pet care instore to be way higher than it is currently - I don't like going shopping and coming home depressed from what I have seen.

You're likely to find something that shouldn't be there in most hays. People have found dead animals in them.

You just need to check it every time you feed it. ....I wouldn't be so livid...these things happen with hay.:)

that's very chilled of you, t-m. i haven't had any problems with hay recently, but i found a big chunk of wood in the megazorb this morning. well, three inches long, anyway.

that's very chilled of you, t-m. i haven't had any problems with hay recently, but i found a big chunk of wood in the megazorb this morning. well, three inches long, anyway.

:lol: Yes, I guess it is. I always check it. Just think of how they make hay. ...there's bound to be other things caught up in it when it's collected. I'd just be happy that it was a piece of ribbon that could be seen, rather than a dead mouse/toad. I don't mind checking everything used. I wouldn't say it's the balers fault.

When i used to buy my hay from P@H i found a dead bird in mine complete with what looked like dead maggots :shock:! I made a right scene in the shop and was going on about how it could be diseased and that it could have had fleas which carry myxi and that if they get ill i would sue :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yes, I guess it is. I always check it. Just think of how they make hay. ...there's bound to be other things caught up in it when it's collected. I'd just be happy that it was a piece of ribbon that could be seen, rather than a dead mouse/toad. I don't mind checking everything used. I wouldn't say it's the balers fault.

Yeah I agree. Ultimately it comes from huge fields, there's no way they can harvest it and bale it up without occasional random objects getting caught up in it. Sadly I think it's just one of those things that is a fact of life with any field-harvested natural product.

i check mine, everytime too before i give it to the buns, as said anything can get in there, when its being collected

Back