• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please quick advice needed U/D POOS!

Carrie14

Mama Doe
What meds shall I check Tiesto gets, she was neutered yesterday afternoon and has not pooed since. She is eating a little of carrot tops, water cress, parsley etc, I have been syringe feeding her all day, Taken about 60mls of crushed ss pellets and cumber. She has had .5 of Metacam and 4 mls of Fiberplex. Drunk a little water.

Sorry this is so abrupt but I have to go and get dressed as I have been with her all day.

So is it sub-cut fluids, gut stimulant inj. and should she have an opiate pain killer, or stick with Metacam?

I am seeing the not so rabbit savvy vet, as its the good vets day off..

any suggestions thank you.

ETA I can see her tummy moving so something is going on in there?

Last edited:
:wave: Any vet should know what to give her, however you have already medicated her with metacam:? I'm assuming that is on top of the injections yesterday at the vet so personally I would imagine she will just need the gut stimulant and maybe some sub-cut fluids, have you been syringing her because she wouldn't eat herself?

:wave: Any vet should know what to give her, however you have already medicated her with metacam:? I'm assuming that is on top of the injections yesterday at the vet so personally I would imagine she will just need the gut stimulant and maybe some sub-cut fluids, have you been syringing her because she wouldn't eat herself?

First off, in an ideal world any vet would know...

Yes she didn't eat this morning but took food from the syringe.

I really dont want to take her to the vet as it is a 80 min trip there and back, this is the last thing she needs.

ETA this is the same vet who didn't prescribe pain meds to a seriously ill bun, one of the first things the good vet did was give pain meds...

Last edited:
Pure pineapple jucie is a good gut stimulant as long as it's not from concentrate. My bun was in stasis and this took a couple of days to work but it did the trick.
Hope bun starts pooing soon.xx

First off, in an ideal world any vet would know...

Yes she didn't eat this morning but took food from the syringe.

I really dont want to take her to the vet as it is a 80 min trip there and back, this is the last thing she needs.

Is she weeing alright?

Loads and really clear.

What time did she eat? It takes a while to process (not sure exactly how long) but, if she hasn't eaten much that won't help either, as long as she is eating a few bits and drinking I would let her rest - if she refuses food then you will have to go, if she has not passed any poops by morning she will also need to go.

What meds shall I check Tiesto gets, she was neutered yesterday afternoon and has not pooed since. She is eating a little of carrot tops, water cress, parsley etc, I have been syringe feeding her all day, Taken about 60mls of crushed ss pellets and cumber. She has had .5 of Metacam and 4 mls of Fiberplex. Drunk a little water.

Sorry this is so abrupt but I have to go and get dressed as I have been with her all day.

So is it sub-cut fluids, gut stimulant inj. and should she have an opiate pain killer, or stick with Metacam?

I am seeing the not so rabbit savvy vet, as its the good vets day off..

any suggestions thank you.

ETA I can see her tummy moving so something is going on in there?

If she has not passed any poo at all since yesterday afternoon then she definitely needs to be seen by the Vet tonight.

She will need more analgesia (Metacam) and gut motility stimulants (Metoclopromide and Ranitidine)

What time was her op yesterday do you know? The painkiller she was given by injection should have been a 24 hour one so I would lay off the metacam till late tonight, try and let her rest quietly on her own for a couple of hours, just check on her discreetly, she may pass a poop if you leave her, did you put her normal litter tray in yet? Is she outdoor/indoor normally?

If she has not passed any poo at all since yesterday afternoon then she definitely needs to be seen by the Vet tonight.

She will need more analgesia (Metacam) and gut motility stimulants (Metoclopromide and Ranitidine)

Writing on my hand now, so no need for extra fluids?

Thank you.

What time was her op yesterday do you know? The painkiller she was given by injection should have been a 24 hour one so I would lay off the metacam till late tonight, try and let her rest quietly on her own for a couple of hours, just check on her discreetly, she may pass a poop if you leave her, did you put her normal litter tray in yet? Is she outdoor/indoor normally?

OP about 12 - 2 ish I guess. Tooth grinding this morn so guess it wore off.

I took her litter tray out as she would have to hop into it.

Normally she drops poos on the floor so it is not because she is fussy.

House bun

OP about 12 - 2 ish I guess. Tooth grinding this morn so guess it wore off.

I took her litter tray out as she would have to hop into it.

Normally she drops poos on the floor so it is not because she is fussy.

House bun

I guess if she isn't normally fussy about pooping on the floor and is indoor then your wise to get her checked, hopefully the vet won't be too bad.:D

She has done 3 of the first poos cant remember the name. The vet nurse is talking to the vet to see if she should go in...

That's great :) Shows her gut is now moving- all be it a bit slowly right now. Hopefully it will pick up because she has got some food in her. Keep tempting her :)

Yes i feel a bit :oops:

We would have to leave at 5.40 to get to a 6.50 appointment, so perfect timing:oops:

Nurses just phoned and good rabbit vet said to leave her now she is pooing, hopefully she will continue to now:? (Tiesto not the nurse:?)

With the meds info from Jacks-Jane I feel confident to leave her in peace, and use the emergency vet if needed.

Thank you all:)

Awww hope she has a good rest and feels better in the morn poor baby - at least you can get a shower now :lol:

Back