• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumper has had a lump removed & the results are in u/d 29/07,Freeda's poorly now too

HoppingBinky

Mama Doe
Thumper has had a lump removed & the results are in u/d 29/07,Freeda's poorly now too

A while back i posted a thread about Thumper having a prolapse he had surgery to drain what they said was a fluid filled sack on part of his bowel.He was fine afterwards and been doing normal bunny things.
Yesterday i noticed the lump was back so i took him to the vets, but this lump was solid as the vet couldn't drain it. As I write Thumper is in recovery after being in surgery for a good couple of hours while they tried to figure out how to remove this lump with it being attached to his bowel/rectum. They have sent the lump off for tests which they will get back tomorrow.
To say I'm worried would be a massive understatement more like petrified.
I hope to god it's not something sinister.:cry:
I can't loose such a loving fluffy bun. Please everyone keep your fingers crossed.Just rang the vets to see how he's recovering and apparently he's doing ok.

Just checked on my other buns and found Freeda with a sticky nose.:(:(. I've started her on Baytril as the vet advised. Today is not a good day for me obviously.

Last edited:
Good grief:cry: What a worrying time for you:cry: I would be in hysterics, Tiesto is bad enough.

I really hope the baytril knocks Freedas infection on the head and I really really hope Thumpers results are OK.

Loads of luck and vibes.

I bet you are really worried. :( Sending tons of vibes for your buns. xxxxxxxxxx
I hope they get better soon. xxxxx

It all happens at once doesn't it :(

I hope they are both ok. I'll be thinking about you all and hoping they both get better quickly.

It all happens at once, i get ill, then Thump and now Freed. Thank you everyone, having you guys on here means so much to me and the buns at this time.I will keep you all posted on whats going on and how they both are.

update 29/07

I've just this minute rang the vets and i can pick him up but the vet needs to speak to me about the results.:cry::cry:. I'm so scared i love all my buns they're my children. I'm praying that it'll be ok.

Oh no I have only just seen this. sending loads of vibes for your bunnies and hugs to you.

I hope the results aren't anything too serious. Fingers crossed for you xx

Here are the incredible results

:shock:
It turns out he's had Coenurus Serialis wich means in English a stage in the tapeworms life cycle and he has had this since being a baby bun. It's passed on by a dog or fox eating an infected rabbit then as the dog poops or wees it affects the grass which is then eaten by the rabbit. I don't have a dog and the only place which does is were i got my little Thump from in the first place. Apparently it's extremely rare in domestic buns and is normally common in wildies.:shock:
My poor little boy and to make matters worse i will also have to keep a close eye on his brother Charlie too.:(

:shock:
It turns out he's had Coenurus Serialis wich means in English a stage in the tapeworms life cycle and he has had this since being a baby bun. It's passed on by a dog or fox eating an infected rabbit then as the dog poops or wees it affects the grass which is then eaten by the rabbit. I don't have a dog and the only place which does is were i got my little Thump from in the first place. Apparently it's extremely rare in domestic buns and is normally common in wildies.:shock:
My poor little boy and to make matters worse i will also have to keep a close eye on his brother Charlie too.:(

We've seen a couple of these too and are suspicious that it could be tapeworm passed on from domestic pets so treat the rabbit group but also recommend treating any other pets in the house. Wildlife can also be a source of infection.
Marie

We've seen a couple of these too and are suspicious that it could be tapeworm passed on from domestic pets so treat the rabbit group but also recommend treating any other pets in the house. Wildlife can also be a source of infection.
Marie

does normal panaccurr treat this kind of worm too? hope the bunsa re all fine xxx

How strange. I am not 100% what this means for Thumper but I am hoping it is not as serious as other possibilities could have been. I really hope no other buns/pets are affected xx

Back