• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New arrivals - a sad story

x-vic-x

Mama Doe
Two bunnies came in yesterday from a lady who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. She idolised these 2 bunnies but as she is under going chemo and in and out of hospital, she can't look after them. She was devasted at handing them over and I really feel for her.

They are both male lop crosses (already neutered) and are very friendly.

The one is extremely overweight, although she loved them I don't think she was overly clued up on bunny care. I have never seen a bunny so fat, he struggles to hop around and can't clean himself. The other is a little lighter although still needs to loose some weight.

PumpkinandPatch010.jpg

PumpkinandPatch001.jpg

PumpkinandPatch009.jpg

PumpkinandPatch017.jpg

PumpkinandPatch014.jpg

PumpkinandPatch021.jpg

PumpkinandPatch019.jpg

oh gosh- they are so lovely- i love black bunnys- sad to hear of this ladys story- i hope you find a lovely home for them xx

Aww bless them both...could the rabbits not be fostered until the lady finishes her chemo...she's gonna miss them terribly :(

Awww they are gorgeous :love:

The "cuddly" one looks like my Sooty did before I decided she needed Weightwatchers :oops:

I don't know whether its possible but when they are rehomed can the new forever owner maybe send pictures to the lady it might comfort her to know they are in safe hands and that they are being well cared for.

They are gorgeous buns even if on the plump side. :love:

Wowzers, they are deffinately on the plump side to say the least! :shock:
Such a sad story, I hope their owner is ok.

Beautiful bunnies :love:

Are these the two buns due in at RSPCA Walsall?

Can you hang on to them for a couple of weeks.

*heads off in search of becky*

Hi,

I was hoping you would see this!!!!!!!!!!!

They are in Walsall RSPCA now, they arrived yesterday.

Don't worry they won't be going anywhere for a few weeks yet ;)

They are SO handsome!! :love:

Do feel a bit sorry for the podgy one, but I still think he is bootiful nonetheless.

I love black bunnies.

Feel very sorry for the poorly owner, its so sad when people do really care about their animals and still have to give them up.

Good. Sent Becky a pm.

Lets see what we can sort out not only for the Buns but also for that owner who really has her back against the wall.

Forsham have said the big hutch should arrive on the 5th. Will call them tomorrow to confirm. ;)

Hi Becky- messaged you back.

Hopefully we can sort something out for this pair and for the sake of their owner who has had to sign them over. They do need bunny weight-watchers though. ;)

Awwwhh! The first one looks just like my Brian with his squiffy ears :love:

It'd be lovely if these two could find their way back to their owner in the future. :)

:love::love: Gorgeous moulting bunnehs!! :lol:

What sad circumstances though, the poor lady must be devastated. :(

Back