• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone ever had a bun from Avon Small Animal Rescue?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
After i've done the new pen area i'm going to be re-getting into find a 2nd bun, companion for Biscuit.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=20434

Looks stunning and hoping (and not in a way:roll:) that she's still looking for a forever home when im done in a few weeks.

Just being curious, as im a bit confused!

The rehome site says www.avonsmallanimalrescue.co.uk, but the site isn't there, but it's run alongside www.bunniesbarn.co.uk which is a boarding centre with buns for sale :?

Thanks in advance for any info

Gray

I also think the Duchess on here does bunny boarding and rescue, and some other people who's names don't spring to mind :oops:

Avon Small Animal Rescue supposedly closed down a while back.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=170000

I know the lady did use to genuinely rescue but I would be a bit dubious about it now, namely as she seems to of taken up breeding which I don't think she did before and also I'm sure I have seen pics on RR before that were rabbits she had bred herself and advertised in the trade it.

I think there was a thread a while back though I can't find it, it was a flemish giant I think.

Thanks Amy :)

Kind of glad i posted, as the bun in question is only 9 weeks old, it makes me think she's from a recent litter - not sure im being over cautious, but as they said its closed down, but a new bun has been entered on RR under that name, im a little dubious?:roll:

It may be completely innocent but all three rabbits on RR from her rescue are young dwarf lops which she breeds and has a litter for sale who are about the same age.

If you are willing to come up this far you could try these:

http://www.winterbournerabbits.co.uk/

I'm not sure if they spay and vacinate though as I've not used them myself.

I'd be happy to travel anywhere from exeter to bristol as i live in Burnham, so its 30-45 mins either way :)

I'll check the site more and see what they have available and see if i can offer someone a home :)

Edit: Thanks Amy, you've been brilliant.

Avon breed unfortunately :(

The lady used to be on here a while ago....can't remember her user name though :oops:

I adopted Violet from them a good few years back now. I visited to see her and pick her up and the living conditions there were first rate - huge clean hutches and runs. She wasn't spayed or vaccinated though, and I didn't know at the time that they were rabbit breeders. I believe they did close down for a while and have started back up again relatively recently.

Who cares if they breed? if you're happy with the set-up and the bunny is healthy and you fall in love :love::love: then at the end of the day you're providing a baby with a loving home.

I know some wonderful, caring breeders who have lovely bunnies.....

Suggest you go and have a look and see what you think - you can always say "no".

btw - your little chap looks like a real charmer:love::love::love:

Thanks Bobbin.

I guess its not the buns fault it was bred for sale...

Guess i'll just wait and see after i've finished the new pen in the living room / hall way.

I got Dexter from her a few months ago, he's healthy, I'm happy, nuff said really.

I didn't get a chance to have a look around as she was cuddling him when we went to meet her! he was the one I was interested in though and he seemed bright eyed, happy to be cuddled and as we got chatting she was pleased that he was going to be bonded with a neutered female and be spoiled rotten :roll::lol:

I would buy another one from her again, she also does bunny boarding and I'll probably use her if my friend can't :)

DSCN3636.jpg

he seems happy/healthy enough to me ;)

awwww at the babies she has at the moment! especially Bluebell! :love:

she said Temperment: friendly, not too keen when first picked up but soon settles

about Dexter as well, he was clearly handled a lot and has a fab calm nature about him, he doesn't like being stroked but is happy to be held and cuddled :) he's a perfect house bunny and the bonding with Tinkerbell went SO easy! Dexter is really chilled out and he's now doing lots of dead bunny flops allll the time in his pen snuggled up to Tinker :D

Who cares if they breed? if you're happy with the set-up and the bunny is healthy and you fall in love :love::love: then at the end of the day you're providing a baby with a loving home.

I know some wonderful, caring breeders who have lovely bunnies.....

Suggest you go and have a look and see what you think - you can always say "no".

btw - your little chap looks like a real charmer:love::love::love:

It's entirely personally choice where people get their rabbits from, but to be honest I'm afraid I don't think breeding & 'rescuing' go together :?

How can a rescue be a true rescue if they are also breeding rabbits?

Sort of defeats the object of rescuing doesn't it? :?

Why on earth a rescue thinks it's acceptable to breed & continue adding to the 33,000 + rabbits in rescue each year I don't? :roll:

Back