• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in Nottinghamshire?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I'm having real trouble finding nice hay again. My current supply (Spring Farm shop in Trowell) has gone from being nice and stalky to being soft and musty and full of thistles :roll:

So...anyone in Notts or surrounding areas know where I can buy some decent quality hay?

Sorry amy i can't help as you no i get mine from dorket head or where ever you get yours from when you go for me it is a pain though when you find one you like then it changes

Amy I have the same problem. My most recent bale from Spring Farm is awful :( The buns eat it but they are not too keen on it. Celia manages to get great hay, really green and lovely smelling. I don't know where she gets it from though. I might give Martins Farm a try as I need a new bale.

I had awful animal dreams hay recently - i hope you find a good supplier :) I'm going to be going with lynne soon from animal magic pet supplies i hope. Just got to make room for some bales in the shed.

Good luck finding a supplier :) x

Amy I have the same problem. My most recent bale from Spring Farm is awful :( The buns eat it but they are not too keen on it. Celia manages to get great hay, really green and lovely smelling. I don't know where she gets it from though. I might give Martins Farm a try as I need a new bale.

Celia's hay varies from week to week. It is usually nice, but recently some of the bales have contained a lot of thistles too......maybe we just have an abundance of thistles in Nottinghamshire at the moment. :roll:

New hay bales from the farm I go to in Shenstone, Staffordshire. Beautiful stuff atm. I was so pleased when they had new stuff in because I was getting fed up with having to get the older dried out hay.

I got a black bag full, 3 weeks ago and it's still lovely and green.

I get my hay from the Cat and Fiddle Farm on Cat and Fiddle lane just south of Ilkeston. Dunno if that's too far away.

It's not very stalky though, mostly soft but nice and healthy looking and my buns love it.

They took the sign down that they had up advertising hay a while ago, but I've been twice since and they've always sold me some. £2.75 a bale isn't bad either.

I went to Spring Farm today to pick up some food and megazorb and asked when they would be stocking the hay cut this year as the bales weren't very good for the bunnies. They have fresh cut for sale only in the bags so I bought one of them to try and it's looks good. She said I could have a bale but I would need to ring in advance and they would bale one. She said they haven't baled it as they are still selling last years for the horses as they prefer the darker hay cause the green causes health problems.

They have also stopped stocking A&P and are now stocking Dodson & Horrell so if you want A&P you need to ring and order it along with the hay.

I went to Spring Farm today to pick up some food and megazorb and asked when they would be stocking the hay cut this year as the bales weren't very good for the bunnies. They have fresh cut for sale only in the bags so I bought one of them to try and it's looks good. She said I could have a bale but I would need to ring in advance and they would bale one. She said they haven't baled it as they are still selling last years for the horses as they prefer the darker hay cause the green causes health problems.

They have also stopped stocking A&P and are now stocking Dodson & Horrell so if you want A&P you need to ring and order it along with the hay.

If anyone needs any hay, we often sell it to new bunny owners as I can't believe the rubbish that is sold in pet shops. We sell it for £3.50 a bale. Seals Fodder Room in Swanwick, Alfreton stock A&P Premium rabbit (not sure about the other flavours).

If anyone needs any hay, we often sell it to new bunny owners as I can't believe the rubbish that is sold in pet shops. We sell it for £3.50 a bale. Seals Fodder Room in Swanwick, Alfreton stock A&P Premium rabbit (not sure about the other flavours).

I used to get my supplies from Seals but they are too far away now I've moved. Spring Farm generally insn't too bad, it's only the past three or so bales that have been rubbish but now I know it's old bales.

Back