• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny makiing clucking noise?

Michelle_stt

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone.

I was visiting family yesterday and their neighbour has bunnies so I went over to have a nosy :lol:

She showed me all of them. She showed me an absolutley gorgeous girl. All white with harlequin ears and black fur round her eyes so it looks like eyeliner! :love: at first sight!

She has about 20. She said she doesn't breed them but I don't know.

Anyway. She let a few of them out for a run and this gorgeous girl was making a clucking noise. Sounded just like a chicken She also kept running round, then lying flat against the floor then she would headbutt the boys and run off.

She didn't look very happy, just like she was being pestered :roll:

Do all rabbits make noises like that or do they do it because they are happy/unhappy etc?

I also told the lady about my 3 beauties and about the gender changing and how they are all being neutered and she said I was cruel :shock:

NEVER think its cruel to neuter your rabbits. Its the best gift you can give your bunny. I could go on a massive rant about the benefits of it but you will know them already being on here. I can't think of a single reason not to do it! They are sedated and given pain killers so the worst they feel is sleepy and a bit uncomfortable this compared to the excruciating pain of cancer is certainly not cruel.

Sorry, don't know about the noises, but if the woman is against neutering and had the girl in with boys..... :shock:

It's no wonder she looked like she was being pestered :roll:

That girl was hormonal and flirting and asking to be mated. Her behaviour was driven by her hormones, not what she actually wanted- just instinct.

I don't think neutering is cruel. I don't see how its cruel to protect against illnesses, allow healthy friendships, remove the stress of hormones and hormonal driven behaviour and allow the bunnies to be content. I wonder which part of that she sees as cruel.

I told her that! I said neutering in females helps prevent cancer, it stops her constantly being pestered. It stops the boys fighting for the females etc.

She had 20 rabbits (from what I counted quickly) in hutches outside but she had a large shed which she didn't show me.

She also said that she is 'cutting back' on her bunnies as she wants certain colours :roll:.

Hubby is going to build me a large shed for ours so Im tempted to take on that beautiful girl.

Bella (still not thought of a new name) & Edward seem to get on very well. (Bella is due to be neutered next week).

But I have Timmy who would benefit from a wifey.

Apparently she is 6months old so at the age she can be neutered.

Its awful to think that people just let their bunnies mix like that and to be pestered all the time. The woman seemed to think that the rabbits like it...:shock:

I told her that! I said neutering in females helps prevent cancer, it stops her constantly being pestered. It stops the boys fighting for the females etc.

She had 20 rabbits (from what I counted quickly) in hutches outside but she had a large shed which she didn't show me.

She also said that she is 'cutting back' on her bunnies as she wants certain colours :roll:.

Hubby is going to build me a large shed for ours so Im tempted to take on that beautiful girl.

Bella (still not thought of a new name) & Edward seem to get on very well. (Bella is due to be neutered next week).

But I have Timmy who would benefit from a wifey.

Apparently she is 6months old so at the age she can be neutered.

Its awful to think that people just let their bunnies mix like that and to be pestered all the time. The woman seemed to think that the rabbits like it...:shock:

Would it be too obvious to suggest Jasper???

Haha. You sussed my Twilight obsession. They actually suit those names so much. He even suits Bella.

Hubby likes Hagrid as he has that big beard and Bella is so fluffy.

x

Haha. You sussed my Twilight obsession. They actually suit those names so much. He even suits Bella.

Hubby likes Hagrid as he has that big beard and Bella is so fluffy.

x

Yes well I am a twihard myself! :lol:

mmmm hagrid not too sure! Or how about Carlisle?? ;)

Did you not get a photo of the Harli eared one? :cry:

With at least 20 rabbits it's no wonder she doesn't support neutering, it would cost her a fortune :shock:

Stop stealing my names :evil:

:lol: I'm only joking. Obviously i'm a fellow twihard!!

How about making Bella Fella?

I'm not going to comment on the Twihardness :lol:

But I know two gorgeous pale buns called Jasper and Carlisle who really suit their names :D;)

I agree it is in no way cruel to neuter your buns, in my opinion it's cruel not to neuter them! Daphne and Jasmine used to cluck and squeak when they were unspayed, perhaps it's hormones?

Stop stealing my names :evil:

:lol: I'm only joking. Obviously i'm a fellow twihard!!

How about making Bella Fella?

I actually just noticed all the names in your signature!! :lol::lol:

Have you read the little book about the newborn, I cant remember what it was called now????

Clucking Rabbit!

Hi,
I have a two rabbits a male and female and when the female (Cheryl) gets scared she clucks to the male rabbit (Gary) like a warning to him.

They were rescue rabbits that were treated terribly before coming to myself so just think they are telling the eachother to watch out:cry:.

However when I give them fresh carrotts and fresh treats they also make the same clucking noise!!!!

I always thought they were just talking to me didnt know it wasnt a universal thing!!!

xxx

I rang my family member up and asked them to pass along my number to their neighbour.

Just spoke to her and she has said that I can have her because she has to 'get rid' of a few for the new colours she is getting. She is an English rabbit apparently.

Hubby is going to pick her up on the way home from work.

Going to ring my vets now and see if he can fit us in tonight for a check up and when she can be neutered.

My vet loves that I have bunny's. He said he doesn't see that many and the ones he does see dont usually have good endings as they have been 'presents' for kids and forgot about :(

Back