• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nala u/d p40 thankfully doing very well & now back with Archie again

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe after everything Nala has been through recently & only just recently reunited with Archie - she is facing a 3rd op tomorrow :cry:

This thread shows the major surgery she had on her right hind leg to remove 3 massive abscesses :cry: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=233589

She's been back tonight for a final check of her original wound - which is virtually all healed. However, unfortunately I have also found a large patch dermatitis at the base of her tail / spine :cry: It's appeared over the last day or so & looks like it's becoming infected :cry: Jane is unsure until tomorrow what they will need to do to the area in terms of removing the infection etc :cry:

She needs to go in to have it looked at under GA, as unfortunately due to where it is located & because of how stressed Nala gets in being handled - we can't determine the extent of it :cry: As a giant bun, she just does not cope with being handled enough to shave the fur round it or bathe it.

I can't believe it - just when we thought everything was ok & she had been reunited with her beloved Archie :cry:

Any spare vibes you can send for our brave girl would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Oh God no! As if she (and you) haven't been through enough already.

Poor Nala :cry:

Sending vibes that it's nothing too serious.

Thanks guys, we really appreciate it - fingers crossed it's something that's easily sorted. I've got a feeling though we'll end up having to split them again for the time being :(

Thank you everyone, we really appreciate it - I just hope that this setback is easily treated :( Poor Nala has been through so much already over the last 6 weeks, this is the last thing she needed :(

Back