• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benson eats Lola's pellets!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Lola is very slight but Benson is quite robust. I counted today and Benson ate all his food and then about 7 of Lola's pellets. That's twice per day!!!

Could 14 extra Burges pellets make a rabbit overweight. Would 14 less cause Lola to be underweight???!!! How can I make sure he doesn't scof little Lola's pellets?? Bunny Mummy Paranoia setting in!! :shock:

I think Pickle and Pootle are like this :?

Been trying to give Pickle a few extra during the day to make up for it!

Zero likes to eat Lucy's baby pellets, which aren't even the same as his food :shock: doesn't seem to have had too bad an effect on him though, she's still tiny and doesn't seem to have grown... doubt that's the pellets though.

When I used to feed 70g of burgess excel pellets when I first get the buns, Zero had excess caecotrophs, so keep an eye out for this, but I wouldn't worry about weight gain from 14 extra pellets :)

I have the same problem with my pair - Cassie eats much faster than Oakley so he wasn't getting enough pellets. He is prone to losing weight and she tends to put it on (Oakley has been checked by vet for this)

I have reduced the amount of pellets they have together and give Oakley extra pellets when Cassie isn't looking or take him to one side and that seems to work.

You could weigh them both regularly then change their diet if necessary :wave:

Thanks folks. I'll try slipping Lola a couple of extra pellets when Benny's not looking. I don't get extra spec. poops. They only get about 30g per day split into two meals each. I guess Benson being a boy makes him a bit more chunky than his missus anyway??

Blackberry! Benson and Lola do syncronised grooming but not the eating - that's handy!! Lola seems to chew her food for longer which gives Benson the opening to dive into her dish!! :roll:

Oh friend arrived!! Off for a while. bye!!

Back