• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need a rabbit gate.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone recommend one? It needs to go on the back door to stop my two coming inside when I can't supervise them. Last night I got home from work and rushed in to see Cheech my chinchilla who had just come back from the vets after having a broken arm casted... only to find blood everywhere and my friends panicking about Grim. He'd managed to get into the bedroom and got into a fight with Dexter, but I knew that couldn't be the reason as neither of them have any front teeth. Anyway I grabbed him up and had a look at his paw and he'd ripped the nail off right to the quick. Randomly enough I'd just read about something similar here on RU so I washed it with salt water and put flour on it to stop him bleeding, gave him some pain killers and he was fine.

My friend found his claw... on top of an old PC monitor where it had got stuck in the air vents! And then about half an hour later he tried to climb over it again! I told him if he even though about it he'd get a slap (I wouldn't ever dream of really doing that) and he hopped off.

So that's why I need a bunny gate...

Hi, Try using a baby gate, you can get them from car boots, charity shops or your local freecycle and attach wire mesh to them to stop buns from squeezing through:) good luck

The cheapest way would be to use some batten and staple some chicken wire to it, probably would cost about £5.00

Try the above suggestions.
If Grim proves to be a bun houdini you may need to use stable doors.
I have one for my kitchen and one from my dining room. This allows me to have the top half open but try to keep buns in their zones.

The cheapest way would be to use some batten and staple some chicken wire to it, probably would cost about £5.00

My suggestion too! My OH made me these for their inner kennel doors and also one for the back door, so buns can play out and the pup can watch when it's not her turn!! :lol:

My suggestion too! My OH made me these for their inner kennel doors and also one for the back door, so buns can play out and the pup can watch when it's not her turn!! :lol:

Awww yes at least you can make them as high as you want then aswell, I know my buns can jump over the standard baby gates, should have called Jingle zebedeeeeeeee:lol:

We have a basic baby gate at the top of the stars with two NIC panels attached to the bottom half. They don't jump over it cos it's at the top of the stairs so the other side is lower. They might jump if it was at a door but to be honest I think they'd ignore it. Mini can jump that high but normally only up TO something, if you see what I mean, not OVER things.

I put a box infront of my door, it's about a ft tall and Charlie is too lazy to jump it :lol:

Thanks for the advice. :)

Bit stressed lately so sorry for the random rant at the end of that first post...

The baby gate with mesh sounds like the best idea, that way we can go in and out too. For such big bunnies they can really sneak when they want to. Last night my friend told me "Toddlers would be less trouble." When I kept on having to interrupt him every five minutes to stop the buns doing something naughty. :lol:

Back