• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HEELLPP!!!Baileys eye stuck shut .. back from vets!

Mazda

Warren Veteran
:cry:
What do i do?
ive just come home and its stuck shut. OMG.its gunky too.

omg, please... it cant be myxi!!
Can i bathe it with anyhting???
Hihs other eye is ok, nothing else seems wrong
OMG i cant breathe. :cry:

Last edited:
Take a deep breath hun. He might have got something in his eye or have an eye infection, or conjunctivitis... there's so many things it could be. Have you rung the vets? I would try bathing his eye with warm water and cotton wool

No, not yet. im crying. lol. first thing i thought was myxi.

Ok, ill bathe it then ring the vets.

Take a deep breath hun. He might have got something in his eye or have an eye infection, or conjunctivitis... there's so many things it could be. Have you rung the vets? I would try bathing his eye with warm water and cotton wool

yeah I second this, may just be a bit of hay got in his eye, this happened to my little bun bun Magic, just give a wee bath with cooled boiled water using a seperate bit of cotton wool each time you wipe it :)

might be worth calling the vets first, dont know what time yours close? Maybe get an appointment then try and do his eyes?

Poor Bailey.

Hugs to both.

No, not yet. im crying. lol. first thing i thought was myxi.

Ok, ill bathe it then ring the vets.

((hugs)) he'll be ok hun. I'm the same, my mind jumps straight to the worst, but he's probably just got something in his eye

Ok, deep breaths.

Myxi is worst case scenario and those rarely happen.

I would say bathe it and maybe hold a warm compress on it. Use cooled boiled water. If you have no cotton wool use kitchen towel or something like that.

im scared it look a little swallen.
I jsut rang the vet they said if i can bring him down tonight but i dont think i can i was crying on teh phone. :oops:

Will toilet roll be ok? no damn kitchen roll.

im scared it look a little swallen.
I jsut rang the vet they said if i can bring him down tonight but i dont think i can i was crying on teh phone. :oops:

Will toilet roll be ok? no damn kitchen roll.

toilet roll should be fine. If he has something stuck in his eye it probably will be swollen. Can you take a pic? xx

Why don't you think you can take him down?

Tissue should be ok, just don't wipe it. you can hold it to it. You can also squeeze the water out from a distance.

If he has stabbed himself in the eye with hay or something then that will swell too. Just keep a cool head and keep doing what you're doing- which is trying to help Bailey.

Cause im home alone, and my grandad is working. They shut at six. I may ring to see if my grandad can take me i dont think i have enough money though. :cry:

Call your grandad now. See what he says. Is there anyone else who could give you a lift? Friends parent? Could your nan lend you the money?

Ive just bathed his eye the best i could...

here are pics, after i bathed it.
DSC05831.jpg

Ok eye.
DSC05832.jpg

I've not had any personal experience of Myxo but that looks suspiciously like a hay poke 'sore eye' to me.

I think it's highly unlikely it's anything worse than that. You still need to take him to the vets though to make sure his eye isn't damaged.

Keep calm sweetie and it'll be fine ;)

I think his eye would be much redder and more inflamed if it was myxi, and it would probably be on both eyes x

check his genitals - these are a good guide to myxi at early stages. Look for redness and swelling around the 'private' area.

I've not had any personal experience of Myxo but that looks suspiciously like a hay poke 'sore eye' to me.

I think it's highly unlikely it's anything worse than that. You still need to take him to the vets though to make sure his eye isn't damaged.

Keep calm sweetie and it'll be fine ;)

I thought this, but yes a good thing to do is check the genital area.

Back