• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beau and Miss Money Penny U/D can't believe it's going so smoothly!

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
They're home!!! No piccies yet, just letting them settle in. Ignoring each other at the mo :( but I guess it's better than fighting. Beau is bald on his tummy, presumably from humping :oops::lol:

Last edited:
I bet she's not impressed! :lol::lol::lol:
Sending lots of bonding vibes xxxx

She is totally not bothered!! I think she's a) used to it (she's had 3 litters and she's only 1 year old) b) grateful to have someone to snuggle up to, and a nice home to live in. Long may it stay this way.

And yes, Donna, I think speaking bunny may all be to do with finding a bunny you want to 'speak' with ;) same as humans I guess lol

Awww, she sounds very much like Bubbles - she'll occasionally just hop away if she's had enough but most of the time she just lets Alfie get on with his business. :lol::lol:

Hm, a little worrying. He just will not leave the poor girl alone. So far when she loses patience she'll turn and chase him all of a foot (!) and then stop, and he'll leg it and hide for a bit. I'm just a bit worried that eventually she's gonna get sick of it and flip at him. I would if I were her!

Alvin was like this anytime i entered their room and a lot when i wasnt. it did calm down after a week but felt like months :shock::shock:

fingers crossed he calms soon

How much space have you given them? Maybe restrict it a bit until they settle back down. You could also try just lifting him off occasionally to try and balance intervention with keeping things calm?

How much space have you given them? Maybe restrict it a bit until they settle back down. You could also try just lifting him off occasionally to try and balance intervention with keeping things calm?

I asked Caroline whether to let them have any free range time or whether to confine them, and she said it varies from bun to bun, some get possessive in a small space, some in a large place. So we let them free range a bit, but there shut up again now. Their space is a 2ftx2ft and a 3ftx4ft joined by a 1ftx3ft tunnel. I say ft, they are NIC panels so each a bit bigger than a foot.

how much are you interacting with them? ive always been of the impression that a new bond is so very fragile that us humans should have minimal contact for a week or so.

how much are you interacting with them? ive always been of the impression that a new bond is so very fragile that us humans should have minimal contact for a week or so.

that might be it then. will try to leave them alone more, and maybe not let them out, literally only go near them to feed and water.

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!

She's very possessive about food, I put some at each end of the pen to give Beau a chance, but being a typical man he wanted the stuff Miss MP was eating :roll: so there was a bit of a scuffle. Hope everything will be ok. Am feeling very anxious today :?

Back