• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Sebastien needs a home- 5 - neutered UD pics added

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of blue butterfly

Name: Sebastien.

Physical description: Brown and white short haired rabbit. He has a scar diagonally across his nose that he got before he came to me, it is fully healed though. I have a pic of him if you'd like one.

Temperament: Very shy but loves the company of another rabbit, he then loves snuggling up with them. He has never bitten and doesn't kick when you're holding him.

Sex: Male.

Neuter status: Is neutered.

Health: In excellent health, no problems at all.
He is a good weight. He did have a tiny overgrown bit of tooth that was recently clipped by the vet, never had any other teeth problems. The vet said he has an extra tooth at the back though!

Type of home wanted: I would really like him to go to a home to be paired up with a female, he is an outside bunny so I would prefer him to be kept that way as that's what he likes. Was an indoor bunny once but it wasn't for him.
Or to a rescue who could pair him up and then adopt him out.

Location: I am in South Cambridgeshire/Herts border (right in the middle of the 2)

Reason for rehoming: His cage mate died today and he needs another rabbit to be with as he is already looking lost and lonely.

Thanks for reading.
Claire x

008.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have him here in heartbeat if I could, but I just don't have the room.:(. I've got 2 girls in a double decker 6x2x2, then they get free range from about 4-10 every evening...

I hope you find him a good home really soon

xxx

Aaww thanks Beckie, shame you don't have more room!

Seb is refusing to move from upstairs in his cage now and isn't eating properly either (I know there is nothing medically wrong though)
I guess he's just moping, bless him.

If anyone has a nice girly bun that Seb could be bonded with then just let me know.

Yes I want to re-home him as his cage mate has died.
I would keep him but I know it's best for bunnies to be in pairs (he certainly seemed better with another bunny) and I don't want to keep him on his own if he's going to be lonely that's all.
And at 5years old I'm guessing he has quite alot of life left in him and feel that is a long time to be alone.

I hope I don't sound mean, I'm not trying to 'get rid of him' or anything, I just want to do what's best for him so he's happy.

Is there any reason you cant get him a new cage mate?It seems very sad that he has lost his mate & now he may be losing his home & much loved owner too_Obviously,I dont know the circumstances,I was just wondering.He looks a gorgeus boy by the way.:)

Is there any reason you cant get him a new cage mate?It seems very sad that he has lost his mate & now he may be losing his home & much loved owner too_Obviously,I dont know the circumstances,I was just wondering.He looks a gorgeus boy by the way.:)

Well my mum has cancer and is not doing well at all and I am having to act as her carer because of how ill she is right now and I don't get enough time to spend with the bunnies these days.
When he had his hutch mate I reasoned that although I was spending less time with them, at least they had each other.

I would love to be able to get Sebastien a new mate but I just don't have the time to devote to bonding and such right now.
Believe me I feel so guilty for even thinking about giving him up but like I said, I just want to do what's best for him.

I would love to be able to get Sebastien a new mate but I just don't have the time to devote to bonding and such right now.
Believe me I feel so guilty for even thinking about giving him up but like I said, I just want to do what's best for him.

You shouldn't feel guilty, you're doing the best thing for him! I've already decided that once I get down to one bunny I will likely rehome him/her and while it is hard to know that your bunny will have quite an upheaval you know in a few weeks they'll be happy with their new loving owners and a new friend to play with and cuddle up to.
If he was old it may have been kinder to keep him in a familiar situation but he's only five, he's got years ahead of him.
Perhaps the new owners would be willing to update you on how the bonding process goes and send you some pics of him and his new wife.

Not everyone is in a situation to have a constant string of bunnies. you shouldn't feel guilty about that, instead proud that you're putting your own feelings aside and doing the best thing for sebastien.

Aaww thanks Beckie, shame you don't have more room!

Seb is refusing to move from upstairs in his cage now and isn't eating properly either (I know there is nothing medically wrong though)
I guess he's just moping, bless him.

If anyone has a nice girly bun that Seb could be bonded with then just let me know.

Bless him. Poor him and poor you. What a horrible time you're going through. You could maybe try bringng him inside while your waiting? You're mum might appreciate having him around - house bunnies tend to behave like dogs when there's just one of them, although perhaps that was just my rabbit...!

Are you rehoming him with his hutch? That might convince someone to take him on - that way if sebastian doesn't bond then they have a hutch they can keep him in and get another rabbit!

Xxx

Well my mum has cancer and is not doing well at all and I am having to act as her carer because of how ill she is right now and I don't get enough time to spend with the bunnies these days.
When he had his hutch mate I reasoned that although I was spending less time with them, at least they had each other.

Oh bless you,I know a little of what you are going through as we took care of my hubbys mum before she died & this was when we decided to get a friend for B as we didn't have as much time to spend with her.Big hugs to you.Dont feel guilty about anything.xx

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I'm trying hard to not feel guilty about re-homing him but it's hard not to.

I would be willing to let his cage go with him, it's a nice cage but he has chewed it abit! He doesn't have a run and I used to let him out in the garden coz the run fell apart, although obv the cage has an uder-run.
At the moment he refuses to come downstairs and just hides under his straw and hay :(
This is the cage he has....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Natu..._1_1?ie=UTF8&s=outdoors&qid=1280834819&sr=1-1

I have thought about keeping him as a house rabbit on his own but he was a house bunny before and he hated it.
And as he's so miserable right now I think a friend would be best.

x

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I'm trying hard to not feel guilty about re-homing him but it's hard not to.

I would be willing to let his cage go with him, it's a nice cage but he has chewed it abit! He doesn't have a run and I used to let him out in the garden coz the run fell apart, although obv the cage has an uder-run.
At the moment he refuses to come downstairs and just hides under his straw and hay :(
This is the cage he has....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Natu..._1_1?ie=UTF8&s=outdoors&qid=1280834819&sr=1-1

I have thought about keeping him as a house rabbit on his own but he was a house bunny before and he hated it.
And as he's so miserable right now I think a friend would be best.

x

Have PM'd you

Back