• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted: small spayed female aged 5+

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
:wave:

I am thinking that I might finally admit defeat on the bonding and let my lops go back to being a happy pair on their own. The lops have started to bicker between themselves now and I'm really reluctant to damage such a strong bond that they have always had.

Which means that Dudley will need a new companion of his own...

Dudley is 7 years old and usually pretty placid/lazy. He absolutely doted on Santa, spending most of his time just lying next to her and grooming her. He has found his libido while attempting to bond him with the lops and is driving them crackers. I suspect that the same thing wouldn't be a problem if it was just one other bunny who will accept being humped - I think it's only an issue because there are two rather bigger, boisterous bunnies neither of whom appreciate it!

He lives in a 3-storey 5ft Ryedale hutch with an 8*4 run attached, and also a separate 10*3 forsham cottage ark run for sunny day grazing and lazing. Plenty of people on here have been round my house and seen my setup and buns and if too far to homecheck I would be happy for any of those people to confirm with you if required (and of course assuming they don't mind :lol:)

I am looking for another small bunny -exact breed doesn't matter but ideally around the 1.5kg mark or less - spayed female, ideally aged 5+ and in relatively good health. I can deal with health problems if and when they arise in the future but after Santa I don't feel ready to deliberately take on a poorly bun and I don't feel that it would be fair on Dudley to do so. Am happy to take on a bun that doesn't like hoomins though, as long as she doesn't mind other bunnies!

So if you have a bunny who you think might fit the bill, please pm me either here or on my Santa login (I just resurrected this one as I am able to post in this section with this login)

Many thanks!

Funnily enough I have just taken another call Alison looking for a female nethie sized bun for a boy who has just been widowed - he's 5 1/2.

As you said, there is a real shortage it seems of older buns. In some ways it's a good thing I suppose but shame that folks want to offer older rabbits a forever home and there aren't any!

there always seems to be a shortage of older females compared with males. we have lots of single males :( I wonder if its because not enough people spay their females :?

Sorry i know this is completely irrelevant to this post but....

I am also looking for a female bun as mine sadly passed away and I have a lonely husbun :(! - but it will not let me post in this area?

Sorry i know this is completely irrelevant to this post but....

I am also looking for a female bun as mine sadly passed away and I have a lonely husbun :(! - but it will not let me post in this area?

It's worth pm-ing Jill (Honeybunny) as I know she has a HUGE waiting list of buns :( & she may have the perfect match your bun :)

Funnily enough I have just taken another call Alison looking for a female nethie sized bun for a boy who has just been widowed - he's 5 1/2.

As you said, there is a real shortage it seems of older buns. In some ways it's a good thing I suppose but shame that folks want to offer older rabbits a forever home and there aren't any!

You know who's just taken a gorgeous heap of those ;) They're not old though!

there always seems to be a shortage of older females compared with males. we have lots of single males :( I wonder if its because not enough people spay their females :?

I wondered the same thing Liz :? Cat and dog rescues seem to be overflowing with oldies and are desperate for people to consider an oldie but I am now discovering that it doesn't seem to be the same with bunnies! Maybe most people's rabbits don't live that long, or the children grow bored well before then, or they discover they have been mis-sexed because babies suddenly appear, so most rabbits handed in are youngsters :?

We had a gorgeous oldie looking for a home recently, but we thought with her being between 6/7 she wouldnt find a home, so her fosterer decided to adopt her. She was available for a long time with no interest :(

Hope you manage to find your forever bunny. Our oldest here is 3yrs so not much help xx

Thank you to everyone for your replies and PMs :) It looks as if there are a couple of options that I could try if the threesome doesn't settle well, so fingers crossed this will be sorted in one way or another.

Back