• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny's new home is now built...

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
After finding out i was pregnant i had to start planning for bunnies to move out as they are currently in my spare bedroom which im going to need for baby. So.. they now have a 9'x6' shed with opening windows.. hubby built it at the weekend, now just got to sort the inside and figure out how to mesh the windows, to get it ready for them to move in.. im dreading actually putting them outside but it has to be done.
IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

Not sure if i can sort an outside bit out with a run but they arent used to being outside much anway.

Oooh, that looks nice! I'm sure they'll love it, and summer is a good time to move them outside anyway.

Have they got the carpets and curtains chosen yet?

Looking good already :D I'm sure they'll settle in fine.
Are you thinking lots of levels and things?
If you do want to give them outside space in the future there seems to be a lot of scope for a run on one or t'other side of the door.
Sorry, every time I see your Sig I have to have a peep outside and make sure Blakey's still in her run ... the absolute spit of Fifi :love: *nips off to check again :lol: *

yeah i did wonder if i could put a small run from one side.. only problem is its lawn just in front so id be worried they would start digging.
No curtains yet.. they have lino waiting to go in. I'm not sure about levels.. not really sure how to do that so maybe will just get a few boxes or something. Oh and there is still some trim to go on the front of the roof too. Have a hasp and padlock ready to go on door too

What an awesome bunny mummy you are, letting them have their own summer house :) It looks huuuuuuuuuge! :)

Edit: Congratulations on the pregnancy also :) Hit post before i finished typing!

Sorry, every time I see your Sig I have to have a peep outside and make sure Blakey's still in her run ... the absolute spit of Fifi :love: *nips off to check again :lol: *

ahaha yeah Blakey does look very much like my Fifi.. how old is Blakey? Fifi is 4yrs old. Someone on this forum does have her brother :D

. only problem is its lawn just in front so id be worried they would start digging.

My two recently went to live in the great outdoors and despite my worries are absolutely fine :) As for the issue of digging jess started a great escape attempt so we attached some galvanised wire mesh from B&Q to the underneath of the run with some u shaped nails with a length of wood accross the middle as needed to lengths, that was only about a month ago now and the grass has already pretty much grown through and you can hardly see the mesh, in a few weeks i don't think you'll even know it's there. I'm sure they will be very happy in their fab new home!

My lot are going outside either today or tomorrow and i am dreading it! i feel so guilty,i'm ure they will be fine though :)

That looks brill!!!!

Was it hard to build?

Im wanting something like that.

xx

I got it from Tescos.. it came in panels. My hubby and his friend spent hours putting it together, we had already painted all the wood and hubby had put some pieces together ready too. The roof took the longest as it was hard to get it on straight.. it took 3 of us to do that part! I guess it depends how good you or your helpers are at DIY ;)

guess i'm gonna find out this week if its watertight.. have had so much rain the last two days!! :shock: Anyone got suggestions how to add wire mesh to the windows so i can leave them open? I really cant figure out how to do it but still be able to get to the window opening levers at the bottom :?

yeah i did wonder if i could put a small run from one side.. only problem is its lawn just in front so id be worried they would start digging.
No curtains yet.. they have lino waiting to go in. I'm not sure about levels.. not really sure how to do that so maybe will just get a few boxes or something. Oh and there is still some trim to go on the front of the roof too. Have a hasp and padlock ready to go on door too

Oops, sorry. Went on stoopid 11 til 9 shifts were you don't get to do anything for 4 days.
Blakey is 4 years old too .... she's from a litter of 6 of which I have three .... where is Fifi from?

i adopted her from Cheryl who ran a rescue in Norwich. Her brother i think was named Alaska.. i cant remember how many were rescued by Cheryl now

guess i'm gonna find out this week if its watertight.. have had so much rain the last two days!! :shock: Anyone got suggestions how to add wire mesh to the windows so i can leave them open? I really cant figure out how to do it but still be able to get to the window opening levers at the bottom :?

We have put some flyproof mesh in a frame and have a hinge at the top so that we can move it away from the window while we open the window levers and as long as you leave the windows wide open you can then bring the frame back flush against the shed wall. This has worked really well.

Back