• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
I've just been out to see thE bunnys and they are both moulting, but Mae has one patch that is more extreame than the rest, she is black and the patch is just White underfur. Do moults sometimes be more extreame in certain places?

That sounds like the fur is lose and ready to come out, and the fur in front of it may be new and shorter. As the moult progresses that will probably happen all over the body at various times. You can gently pull it out if it is coming easily.

That sounds like the fur is lose and ready to come out, and the fur in front of it may be new and shorter. As the moult progresses that will probably happen all over the body at various times. You can gently pull it out if it is coming easily.

I do pluck the loose fur but this is like a little circle of White fur. Not like a normal moult IMO

I might be able to get one on my phone and upload to fb but my laptop has died :/ it will also have to wait till the rain as stopped it's madness outside!

Back