• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish me luck!

I'M ALIVE!

After tearing up my arms and peeing on me (this bunny is impeccable with her litter tray, it was no accident) she's decided that she'll spurn her favourite treats in order to ignore me. :( I suppose I should be grateful my fingers are spared for a couple of days :lol:

My Domino is a dream for letting you cut her nails, if that makes you feel any better :p :p :p

Yeah, that really helps, thanks. Fancy a swap? :lol:

Glad you managed! I sooo need to get Luckys done - there's no way i'd tackle it myself tho - you are soooo brave!

Maia and Mango are not keen on letting me cut their nails at all.

2wf8w1l.jpg

"I could let you clip my claws, but I'm not going to."

Despite this, they haven't peed on me. Yet.

That was brave indeed. I took Spenser to the vet, using my very new status as bunny mummy as an excuse. Even the vet struggled to hold him for the back paws to be done, and I had to help.:wave:

I'M ALIVE!

After tearing up my arms and peeing on me (this bunny is impeccable with her litter tray, it was no accident) she's decided that she'll spurn her favourite treats in order to ignore me. :( I suppose I should be grateful my fingers are spared for a couple of days :lol:

Sorry I smiled. It's just great to hear of another bun who uses rude language literally, to say "go away". We just have a wriggling struggle, so I usually do 1 side 1 day & the other the next. Mine's got black nails too, so I'm a bit wound up which doesn't help.

:lol:

I love hearing about this girlys antics. It will be a sad day when she finally becomes a softie. Good for you obviously but not nearly as amusing for us lot :lol: Sorry :oops:

you brave person .. i got the vet to do it while she was under GA for spaying ;) :lol:

I must admit I was thinking of the best excuse to have her under GA :lol: THe grow at some rate :shock: Got too used to Vin's which grew incredibly slowly.

2wf8w1l.jpg

"I could let you clip my claws, but I'm not going to."

Despite this, they haven't peed on me. Yet.

That is an unamused bunny face! In bold - Key words :lol:

Sorry I smiled. It's just great to hear of another bun who uses rude language literally, to say "go away". We just have a wriggling struggle, so I usually do 1 side 1 day & the other the next. Mine's got black nails too, so I'm a bit wound up which doesn't help.

We have the same problem. She ripped through the first towel I had her wrapped in :? and went for my ankles when I walked in this morning.

I love hearing about this girlys antics. It will be a sad day when she finally becomes a softie. Good for you obviously but not nearly as amusing for us lot :lol: Sorry :oops:

Eh, no! :lol: I don't think you have to worry about it happening at any time in the near future. ;)

You should try clipping Thistle's claws.

Firstly, if you sit him on a table or something, he tucks his feet right underneath himself.

You have to wrestle him into some kind of upside down choke hold, with his head in your armpit so he can't move.

Then you have to clip tiny bits off at a time as his claws don't fit in the flipping clippers.

You need four foot long arms to reach his back feet as they will be stretched as far off the end of your lap as he can get them.

Then when you release your hold on him, he'll instantly try to flip himself back over and kick you in the face. Every time. Without fail.

And then when you've manged to drop him on his head whilst putting him back on the floor, you stand back up to realise your clean jumper is now covered in an inch thick layer of white fur.

:roll::lol:

I'M ALIVE!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I love reading about Velvet. :love::love::love::love:

Firstly, if you sit him on a table or something, he tucks his feet right underneath himself.

You have to wrestle him into some kind of upside down choke hold, with his head in your armpit so he can't move.

Then you have to clip tiny bits off at a time as his claws don't fit in the flipping clippers.

You need four foot long arms to reach his back feet as they will be stretched as far off the end of your lap as he can get them.

Then when you release your hold on him, he'll instantly try to flip himself back over and kick you in the face. Every time. Without fail.

And then when you've manged to drop him on his head whilst putting him back on the floor, you stand back up to realise your clean jumper is now covered in an inch thick layer of white fur.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I wish I was a fly on the wall when that happens. Buns are never more intelligent than when devising avoidance techniques for things they don't like.

oooooh!:shock:
Brace brave brave!

Ive yet to do my 2 girls - keep checking them - but sooo nervous about doing it - I dont want the beady eyeball from them!:shock: or hurt them!:oops:

Gonna get the vet to show me first....then maybe maybe....:lol:

Tell you what, we'll swap. I'd rather have a bun who's awkward than one who kicks the **** out of you :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I love reading about Velvet. :love::love::love::love:

Another key word :lol:

Ive yet to do my 2 girls - keep checking them - but sooo nervous about doing it - I dont want the beady eyeball from them!:shock: or hurt them!:oops:

Gonna get the vet to show me first....then maybe maybe....:lol:

I can cut any number of rabbits' nails...just not this one. Kicking, ripping through towels and biting are not the best traits for nail clipping. :roll:

What colour of nails do your girls have? As long as they're not black you shouldn't have a problem, although as you haven't done it before a vet tutorial may be a good idea. I have to admit I have never had a vet clip nails, I've always done it myself.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I wish I was a fly on the wall when that happens. Buns are never more intelligent than when devising avoidance techniques for things they don't like.

I'm sure it must look hilarious to anyone but me! I just end up getting really flustered! :lol: Medicating him is even more fun - he twists and leans his head right back like he's an owl or something. :roll: And he'll shove his front feet in my mouth trying to push me away given half the chance. :shock::lol:

Tell you what, we'll swap. I'd rather have a bun who's awkward than one who kicks the **** out of you :lol:

Ahh, I think you missed the bit about being kicked in the face without fail! ;):lol: And, gosh, if he decided to boot you one in the stomach.... OWWWWWW!

But that's a good try with the swap though, I nearly fell for it... ;):lol:

mine are only minis. they have dark claws so i have to be careful, there's no way to see where to cut, but we manage. did daughter's buns nails last week - they were much easier because they are transparent and i could see where to cut.

Back