• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting question with pic

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I just got my new bunny Harry from a lady who's illness means she has to give up her rabbits I just had a quick question regarding moulting. When a rabbit moults is it supposed to disappear as such with new fur growing. I am not very good at explaining. So I took a picture. Harry is moulting like crazy but now looks bald in places because new fur is growing is this right?
126874558.jpg

Beau looked like that when he was moulting, I am sure I have seen on here that its normal before but I am sure someone else will know for certain :)

Twinkle is moulting in clumps and its coming out quicker than the new fur can grow so she is looking a bit tatty like this... she has a few bald spots.

Biscuit looks like this under his stomach, he has a tiny bald patch, where, as fluffiebunnie says, its not growing back as quick as its falling out!

Glad to know its kind of normal!

Thanks so much everyone, I thought it must be normal because you can clearly see he is moulting, however I have never had a bun moult this much or have bald patches:lol::lol:

We have a little black bunny boarding with us at the moment that looks just like that. When you pick him up, he leaves a crime print of black fur on your clothing:roll::lol:

Back