• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Alcatraz

Mrs Ord

Mama Doe
Over the last week Dexter became the worlds best escape artist :shock: She was out of her run all the time with me chasing her round the garden :roll: This meant I had to either keep her and Jasper in the hutch :( or spend all my cash and time making a new run :?

Obvioulsy I love my babies and it was the latter

BUNNY ALCATRAZ
The mesh on top will be replaced with corugated plastic at some point
029.jpg

Its screwed on to the hutch so they can have access 24/7
027.jpg

One of the buns enjoying all that space - or not!
037.jpg

It measures about 4.5ft by 7ft and its 1.3m at highest point and 90cm at lowest point (didnt know the last two in ft )

Last edited:
Also I HAVE to point out that OH built this. He said when it was finished " will you be putting photos on your rabbit site?" I said yes but i'd make sure he got the credit for the work :lol:

Looks great :)

Rabbits can munch through chicken wire quite easily though...and foxes etc :(

If it is chicken wire that is :lol:

I warned you they'd jump over those runs ;):lol: Harvey must have been stomping communications to them. I love your new hutch :D and the run! They look so happy all snuggled together

The hutch is on special at P@H at the min for £100 instead of £150. The run cost about £50 but we already had the roof felt and used our own fixings screws etc so a bit more if you add them on. On the whole its not bad for £150. I've always wanted one of the proper walk in aivary ones but at roughly £ 500.00 there was no way that was happening anytime soon. I have a squat in run instead :lol: Hopefully the chicken wire will be replaced soon as i'm not keen on it and neither is OH its a bit ugly looking and like you guys said maybe not the safest but we needed something quickly and this was all we could afford for now.

I warned you they'd jump over those runs ;):lol: Harvey must have been stomping communications to them. I love your new hutch :D and the run! They look so happy all snuggled together

They are sooo loved up since they got their new house :D Its only a few days since I was considering splitting them because Dexter was giving Jasper hell and attacking him a lot. Maybe they heard me and decided to start behaving :lol:

They are sooo loved up since they got their new house :D Its only a few days since I was considering splitting them because Dexter was giving Jasper hell and attacking him a lot. Maybe they heard me and decided to start behaving :lol:

:lol::lol: :love::love::love: bless their little souls xx

Its really lovely to see. This is the closest they have ever been. Maybe being hutch bound for two days whilst we build Alcatraz strengthened their bond :D

Its really lovely to see. This is the closest they have ever been. Maybe being hutch bound for two days whilst we build Alcatraz strengthened their bond :D

Maybe :D sometimes smaller spaces help. They might have gotten a bit antsy because you increased their space so soon after bonding? Or maybe they just like to keep you on your toes ;):lol:

I think I was too quick I only had them confined for two days originally. Then their hutch was moved off the grass because of digging:roll:, then changed from the coop to then new hutch, then moved and changed again with the new run because of jumping Dexter so its probably been all my fault :oops:

Back