• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fighting

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Ruby...the most submissive, quiet, timid, skittish little bun in the world is starting fights with Buzz! She was doing the whole "wild rabbit" thing where they jump into the air over their opponent several times and then attack. We even have injuries...

I'm starting to suspect it's because their bond is relatively new AND that I did a bunny run this morning of a Mum and 4 babies and maybe she can smell the rival female.

Do you think that might be it? Would it be possible for her to be really submissive when it comes to male bun smells but angry when it comes to female bun smells?

Maybe she smelled female bunny scent and thought it was a rival. Could you do a bit of a rebond session? Car ride for Ruby and Buzz, then an afternoon in a small space just to reinforce the bond.

I have to strip off and shower, if I have been near any rescues. One of my house buns goes nuts if he can smell anything. I have deliberately not touched rabbits, but he can smell my shoes:lol:

Back