• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I've come to a decision

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
How do you think this sounds? (I might change my mind you know what I'm like :roll:) I think it's the best way to make sure everybody has plenty of space

• Abandon the trio bond because I really don't want Lucy and Zero to fall out
  • Buy a new hutch, probably another double decker 6ft one, although I'd like a 3ft wide instead of 2ft if I can find one. Attach my 7ft x 4ft run and put Lucy and Zero in it
  • Put the trio in the shed with the 4ft x 2ft guinea pig hutch as a base, they would never ever be shut in it, get OH and my dad to build a walk in run around it
  • Put the girl guinea pigs (there's 4) in the double decker 6ft x 2ft hutch I already have
  • Keep Castiel inside free ranging downstairs, hopefully with a wifey bun when we are settled

Now, all this obviously depends on my ever-changing mind, and whether I get a better job, and how the room works out at the new house!

ETA: This is all for when I move :) feel free to add your opinion it's just a plan I haven't committed to any of it yet ;)

sounds like a plan to me hun :)

Yeah :wave: because if I keep Lucy and Zero inside they will only get one room, and I'd worry that if they're freeranging upstairs and Cass is free ranging downstairs a disaster might happen! I know it's unlikely but still

And don't worry I'll get a hutch from a reputable place this time :lol:

Yeah :wave: because if I keep Lucy and Zero inside they will only get one room, and I'd worry that if they're freeranging upstairs and Cass is free ranging downstairs a disaster might happen! I know it's unlikely but still

thats why I moved a pair outside in the end because having them all inside was a nightmare and I was on watch constantly for fighting from referred regression - I think its best to have everybun seperate. When I move - Im hoping I can get mine so the dont even have to see each other

If they are free ranging in a room that is proofed then disaster averted!! Why don't we get together once you've moved and see what the score is? I personally think your plan is workable tho :)

thats why I moved a pair outside in the end because having them all inside was a nightmare and I was on watch constantly for fighting from referred regression - I think its best to have everybun seperate. When I move - Im hoping I can get mine so the dont even have to see each other

Yeah, the three of them were inside side by side last night, and they were thumping all night :roll:

Also, the back room they'd be in is quite small, so a hutch and run would be bigger :) I would live in fear of Matthew leaving the door open one day... they would get down the stairs... they would find Cass... *shudders*

Yeah, the three of them were inside side by side last night, and they were thumping all night :roll:

Also, the back room they'd be in is quite small, so a hutch and run would be bigger :) I would live in fear of Matthew leaving the door open one day... they would get down the stairs... they would find Cass... *shudders*

Baby gates?......

Baby gates?......

Lucy would jump over a baby gate :shock: she got over that black pen before, and Zero's got out of that before as well. I know other people have baby gates and they're fine but I don't know how?? Mine must think they're horses or something

I know I'm a real chicken but I wouldn't jeopardise the bond you have between the other two. I think someone suggested on here that I don't risk the bond between Benson and Lola by trying to add another bun to their married bliss! I usually go with what makes me feel relieved once I decide on it.

I'm very lonely. Dog at caravan with his grandparents and I've moved the piggies into the summer house in their pen for night time and hutch during the day. :cry: Miss my little guys.

I know I'm a real chicken but I wouldn't jeopardise the bond you have between the other two. I think someone suggested on here that I don't risk the bond between Benson and Lola by trying to add another bun to their married bliss! I usually go with what makes me feel relieved once I decide on it.

I'm very lonely. Dog at caravan with his grandparents and I've moved the piggies into the summer house in their pen for night time and hutch during the day. :cry: Miss my little guys.

Aw, you need a budgie to keep you company!

That's my main reason, I really think if Lucy was even a tiny bit more dominant or if I tried to force it the bond might break.

Awww :( bless ya x

Aw, you need a budgie to keep you company!

Ohh a little budgie, or two...... It would eat my house though! Had one as a child and he would sit on the picture frames and nibble the wall paper. Mum kept moving the picture up the wall until the nibbled bits started showing out the bottom again!! :lol: He picked all the embroidery out of mums lampshade too!! We called him Jackie. He was green.

Back