• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how big does a lionlop grow

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
on average, I know there will be exceptions, my wee lionlop anya is only 2- 3 months old and is already nearly the same size as my lionhead Spike :lol:

There is no average because they are not a standardised breed. It will depend on their genetics, whether lop or lionhead is more prevalent, whether minilop or dwarf lop (or bigger) was used for the cross, how big the lionhead is (because they still vary greatly in size too). So we can't actually give you any idea at all.

My lionlop is going to struggle to get to 1kg, but then there are many others who go up and over 2kg. There is no way of knowing.

There is no average because they are not a standardised breed. It will depend on their genetics, whether lop or lionhead is more prevalent, whether minilop or dwarf lop (or bigger) was used for the cross, how big the lionhead is (because they still vary greatly in size too). So we can't actually give you any idea at all.

My lionlop is going to struggle to get to 1kg, but then there are many others who go up and over 2kg. There is no way of knowing.

ahh okiiz :), will just need to wait & see then hehe, I think she's gonna be a big one

I can't remember the exact weight of Archie but he's around 1.6kg I think. He's bigger than my Lionhead but not huge in comparison. He's much more chunky and robust though :love:

Lionlops are a standerised breed
http://www.thebrc.org/minilionlop.htm
so accourding to the breed standered should be 1.5kg - 1.6kg.

but im guessing yours wont be a show bred one?
so in that case it really can vary, especially if she is from a larger lop with a lionhead.

her mum & dad where both lionlops, but don't think she is show bred,

this is her
SAM_3144.jpg

she doesn't have much of mane just a very fluffy bunster

hmmm I spose I'll just have to wait & see how big she goes, was just curious, when we first got her she was smaller than my smallest nethie Rose, & now she is double the size of her lol, her mum was quite a big bun

My bad. Sorry.

I guess its a very easy breed to 'fake', so in that respect they could still be any size.

is fairly recent, so i can understand why you didnt know:lol: i had to recheck.

yes, most lionheads that are seen are just crossbred ones from buns with some mane and buns with lopped ears.

well this is her momma

AnyasmumFizzball.jpg
]

who I think is sizes with my dwarf lop, so I'm expecting her to be around same size ?

her dad was slightly smaller but still quite big too

Back